RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rarely ask anyone for training help, but tomorrow is different. It's going to get hot quick. If I'm up, out and running at sunrise (5:19 am), all four dogs should be able to get in four marks and a couple of blinds. We'd be home by no later than 8 o'clock (of course, I'm usually wrong about how long it will take).

The issue is Saturday, June 16th is our 50th wedding anniversary. Should I train or not?

I had a tough time calling this [GDG].

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You've made it this long. Surely she won't divorce you now? It could be risky though. Proceed with caution. Unassuming you got her a nice gift?

·
Registered
6,467 Posts
Depends on what you would be doing between 5:19 & 8:00 AM if you don't go train ;-)

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm only at 18 years of marriage, but to train on an anniversary that was on a weekend, and your 50th at that... I vote take the day off.

Either way, Congratulations on 50 years.:D

Mark

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
What else were you going to do?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
You can train any day. You'll only have one 50th anniversary.

Let your conscience be your guide. :p

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
WOW!!!
Since it is her 50th Anniversary, W her up with a big kiss at 3:00 am, and tell her that on her special day you are going to let her choose whether she wants to throw a control bird, shoot the flyer, or plant the blind.:)

Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Hmmm. I trained on our 48th wedding anniversary. What is wrong with that? It was a weekday though. But on our 50th we are going to take a trip so the dogs will be on their own and my daughter will be babysitting.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Well...it's all over by now. I can only hope the Mrs didn't have to throw too many bumpers on this special day.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Congrats on your 50th Jim!!

Now go train:)

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
The issue is Saturday, June 16th is our 50th wedding anniversary. Should I train or not?

I had a tough time calling this [GDG].
How firm are your plans to have a 51st anniversary? ;)

Evan

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I would shake her about 4 AM and whisper seductively in her ear, "Honey, wanna?" :cool:

Betcha I would get to go training!

JS

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, it's 8:30 am and I'm back from training. It's only 77ºF, but we are headed for around ninety. The three younger dogs ran a set of five cold blinds and Taffey (she's twelve) ran only four.

You might wonder how I managed this (or not).

I woke about 5 am when my wife is usually already doing her morning exercise routine and asked if she thought it would be a good idea to take Lylah to the Madison Zoo. Lylah is our 2½ year old custodial granddaughter. The zoo opens at 9:30 am and it is only a 50 minute drive. She said, "Good idea!" I replied, "Maybe I should run the dogs.".....permission granted.

That's a semi-cryptic explanation of why we've been married for so long.

·
Registered
807 Posts
well i've only been married 42 yrs but i know my wife wouldn't mind me going out early and back by say 9 am she would rather sleep late so she wouldn't miss me anyway

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Well, it's 8:30 am and I'm back from training. It's only 77ºF, but we are headed for around ninety. The three younger dogs ran a set of five cold blinds and Taffey (she's twelve) ran only four.

I woke about 5 am when my wife is usually already doing her morning exercise routine and asked if she thought it would be a good idea to take Lylah to the Madison Zoo. Lylah is our 2½ year old custodial granddaughter. The zoo opens at 9:30 am and it is only a 50 minute drive. She said, "Good idea!" I replied, "Maybe I should run the dogs.".....permission granted.

This is what is called creative thinking. Bravo my man, bravo!!!!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Would that be "misdirect pressure" as opposed to "indirect pressure"?

:) Happy Anniversary!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts