RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am giving my dog to another family and would like to transfer AKC registration ownership to them as well. I looked on AKC's website and I couldn't find any forms or anything about transferring ownership to the new family. Does anyone have the link or know where to find the form on AKC's website so I can have it ready to go for the new owner?

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
893 Posts
I could be wrong here, but isnt the transfer data on the back of the registration? Been many years since I sold a dog, but thats where it was when I last did it. Hope you find your answer.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Turn over your original copy of the AKC Certificate that shows you as the owner of that dog and follow the instructions on the reverse side. No other form is needed. If you have lost the original then you would have to request a duplicte copy and then follow the instrutions on the back of said certificate. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I am giving my dog to another family and would like to transfer AKC registration ownership to them as well. I looked on AKC's website and I couldn't find any forms or anything about transferring ownership to the new family. Does anyone have the link or know where to find the form on AKC's website so I can have it ready to go for the new owner?

Thanks,
Dan
From http://www.akc.org/about/faq.cfm?page=5

I am the second person to obtain my dog and all I have is the registration application. It states on this form that I need a supplemental transfer form. How do I obtain one?

The person or firm named as the New Owner in Section A of the application must complete Section A of a Supplemental Transfer Statement to transfer the dog to the next owner. Each person or firm through whose hands the dog passes must complete Section A of a transfer statement to record the complete chain of transfer for the dog.

You must only complete and sign Section B of the transfer statement in which your name appears in Section A as the New Owner.
I just acquired an AKC registered dog. How do I transfer the ownership into my name?

You will need to transfer ownership on the back of the dog's certificate. Here is what needs to be completed:

Section A
Date of Transfer: The date you took physical possession of the dog.
Name of New Owner: Your name and address information.
Signature of Former Owner: The former owner's signature.

Section B

Signature of New Owner: Your signature.

You will then need to mail the completed form to our Raleigh address for processing. Be sure to include a $30 transfer fee (check or money order - payable to AKC).

After we receive your information we will print a new certificate and mail it to you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts