RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an amateur trainer and I am about to order a collar for my 5 month old pup. I have a question regarding the TriTronics collars...

From everyone's experience, will the Field 90 (6 M & 6 C) have enough settings to properly condition the dog? I am worried that there may not be enough settings.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I originally bought the Field 90 to save money. Level 3 was too little and level 4 was too much. I tried to sell the transmitter but couldn't so I sent it to Tritronics for a Pro 500 G3 transmitter at 25% off the list price. I should have bought the Pro 500 right off the bat. It's expensive, but if you ever want to sell it you can do so easily since everyone wants it. Some will say get the 100 or the 200, but for $50 more you can have the 500.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'd recommend the Flyway model. Lots of stimulation levels on momentary (low/med/high) and 6 levels of continuous. It's the same collar as the Pro 200 but cheaper for some reason.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The Flyway is my reccomendation for an amatuer. I prefer the momentary option, as the majority of my training is for that. Most of my clients, I recc. the T.T. Sport Basic. Its less $ and probably fine for most hunters who dont have their dogs at much distance. Have sold a ton for my clients- if you do tests or trials and need the reliability at longer distances, then go with either the Flyway or the 200.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts