RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The homemade steel ones a friend made need to go and I'm not a fan of the '4 armed' ones - I'm looking for one like this:

http://www.dogsafield.com/prodinfo.asp?number=R243-001

Problem is dogsafield is sold out.

I want the smaller rack - all aluminum - with wide legs like this unit for increased stability.

Do you know where they're available online? (I've also tried finding via search here and I've been trying to see the Butch Green racks I've heard about but haven't found pictures of that one either)

Thanks

SMO

·
Registered
22 Posts
Shane,

check with a member on the Grand committee. I know they got new ones last spring in Mississippi at the Grand and they are great drying racks.

thanks,

jason

·
Registered
138 Posts
You might consider e-mailing that photo to a local machine shop. It would likely take them less then an hour and cost you a fraction of what is charged on-line.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
A couple of years ago I got one like that at Lion Country. They have a website by that name.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@ Wayne - if LCS has one I can't find it on their site...
@ JTS - problem with that one is the legs - single leg with a cross member on the ground - a lot less stable and it's a lot bigger...
@ Rookie - thanks I'll give him a call
@ Phillip - I've been burned by the locals before - seems the 'one off' although not cheaper wasn't quite as good for various reasons - had this happen with dog toppers, holding blinds, storage boxes, water tanks - there's just something about when you've made a few 100 the bugs get worked out...
@ 4Duckhuntn - I'll check with the boys - thank you!!

Once I do find and buy one of these critters I'm going to post it up in the product review - I'm a little surprised how difficult it's been to find the one I'm looking for...

SMO

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I bought one from Team Take Em and love it. Bright orange, hard to miss. My suburbanite neighbors love when I hang ducks in the driveway.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I wondering if any has plans for making one out of wood. The wood slat type of dyers are as good as any....

·
Registered
9,442 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
It is good, but watch your fingers! There is a reason it is nick named "Edward Scissor Hands"...
True!!

Slow learners, beware.:)

JS

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Doesn't that one tip over if it's not loaded 'evenly' as well?? I've not used that one specifically but the others I've seen like that (4 armed) all seemed problematic to me...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Doesn't that one tip over if it's not loaded 'evenly' as well?? I've not used that one specifically but the others I've seen like that (4 armed) all seemed problematic to me...
never tried to put 10 on one arm and none on the other 3 but tipping is not an issue, very stable

·
Registered
12,626 Posts

just dont put all your ducks on one arm.
just like changing a tire, your do not tighten one lug nut
down hard afore starting all of the others do you???

·
Registered
1,013 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Ok, I just fell off the turnup truck. Never seen or heard of a "Duck Drying Rack". Do you use this item to dry your "bumper ducks" or real ducks? Thanks. Duckdon

1 - 20 of 29 Posts