RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My transmitter quit working this morning. It won't charge. Red light will come on for a short period and the go off and continues this on and off.
Inconvenience as it quit on day five of ecollar conditioning for Yates. I was able to fire up and old Classic 70 to get the session done.
I ordered a new ecollar system but it is extremely irritating as it is probably just a battery on my TT Pro 500. I have had it forever. I wish I could recall the purchase date.
Edit: purchased in April 2012.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is G3 exp.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Call collar clinic. They sell replacement batteries. I just replace all the batteries on my Dogtra releases and transmitter. They work perfect now. Collar clinic had the batteries to me in 2-3 days.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thx I’ll get on it. Battery ordered from Amazon.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wayne: recently had the same problem with one of my pro 500s. Collar Clinic rebuilt it for $69 return shipping included. This included a new battery. I tried to replace the battery myself with one from Amazon. It didn't work. Collar Clinic came to the rescue. Also had the antenna in one of my collars stop working. Replaced that too with a rebuilt by Collar Clinic ($79). Then sold all my Pro 500's Hello Dogtra Edge and loving it.

No problems or complaints whatsoever with Collar Clinic: exceptional service fair prices and superfast turnaround

Reactions: Kenneth Niles Bora

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Wayne, if you haven't found out somewhere else, the blinking red light may mean that one of your battery clips has broken.
They are a barbed metal clip that attach to a board in the transmitter. Then the battery wire clips to them.
You can buy them at Magnum telemetry. If it's broken you'll see it. Shake out the broken pieces and attach a new clip using forceps to hold the new clip.
Hope this helps.
John.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Battery from Amazon is not here yet. Estimated delivery 9/13-16. So I haven’t taken old battery out yet.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
The clips are separate from the battery.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Battery arrived from Amazon this afternoon. The YouTube video showing how to remove the battery is not very clear. I need some advice. There are two fairly small rectangular slots on the ecollar transmitter. Are this groves that part of the battery case snap into?
I'll try to get a picture. Or just something to push on with a screwdriver?
Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim Synthetic rubber

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok. Removed battery and one broken contact clip fell out. I'm not that handy so off to Collar Clinic and I have a spare battery for my sons transmitter.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Collar Clinic has my transmitter and cc number. So it should be home by the end of week.

Reactions: Don Smith
1 - 14 of 14 Posts