RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a difference a month makes!

I got my pup at 6 weeks exactly, he was 10 weeks yesterday.

Despite my better judgement (re: all 4 vaccine series), he nor I could stand it anymore in the house when theres the big wide world to explore together. Plus, its been 110 degrees out during the day, but at least cooling off to 80-90ish as soon as the sun goes down. We have been going out for the last 2 days.

Snce theres no ponds around here, yesterday we went in the truck to a remote canyon 1 hour from here with a beach & no drop off for 100 yards or more, a few people there, no dogs, but he had a riot with the kids & actually got to do his first swimming on his own.

Then he went to puppy class today (only because its a huge indoor air conditioned place to go with my dog during the day - the house & backyard has gotten boring for both of us - its Cabin Fever time for us in AZ), then Cabelas lol at night. The tails wagging & he is running around happy tonight in the house!

He was getting tentative around things & a little spooky, & I dont want a scared dog. But he is acting big & bold now, doing Tuck Butt Run & with a wagging tail! :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nice! Sometimes I miss the puppy stage for things like this. Then I remember the chewing, digging, teething, shredding, not coming when called, ......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts