RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The uneven split is do to keeping some pros with a bunch of dogs in the same flight. Dont think they plan on splitting on sunday

·
Registered
230 Posts
There were several unhappy people at the Junior on Sunday and probably Saturday. We missed the ribbon presentation on Saturday. They sure were disappointed about not getting a title Ribbon. Does Tulsa Retreiver Club not give out title ribbons for some reason?

·
Banned
615 Posts
tulsa test

I'm new to akc hunt tests, are you refering to a PASS ribbon or does akc give a special ribbon for a title? The folks with the ribbons may have had to go home or something, who knows. I'm sure junior was long sunday with 80 dogs and not split. My dog did good sat., but sunday left his brain in the hotel room. My senior dog failed due to my not paying attention and failing him due to handler error.(my first senior test).

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
There were several unhappy people at the Junior on Sunday and probably Saturday
When those guys are running the test, getting judges, grounds, help, birds, lunches and doing all that goes into making a hunt test go, they can order title ribbons. In the mean time you thank the people who put the test on for giving their time and effort.

Where's sportsmanship and appreciation nowadays?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Howard N said:
There were several unhappy people at the Junior on Sunday and probably Saturday
Where's sportsmanship and appreciation nowadays?
Really.

Oh, but I'm sure they thanked them for all their time and effort. :roll:

Just how unhappy were they ?

Maybe it's just me, but Titled ribbon .... so what ??? Isn't 4 Orange ones and a certificate from AKC proof enough ??? :?

Whatever floats their boat, I guess.

·
Registered
230 Posts
the marshall/ribbon presenter was telling people who titled ''sorry we don't have title ribbons, please let the management know you were disappointed'' seems she felt the same way the participants did. as in they didn't get something they should have. i would have been disappointed in the lack of title ribbons if my dog titled that day as well. and to tell you the truth as far as helping..... i bust my hump every year at a field trial and hunt test for my club. i go to other events expecting to be a participant and recieve all the things i paid my entry for. thanks is in order for those who help. that doesn't make me feel differently about whether or not a club chooses to honor those dogs that recieved a title at the event. this is the first event i have been to that didn't offer the title ribbons. i have been to events at 5 different retriever clubs over the last few years. no title ribbons is a new one on me.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whaaaaa they didnt pass out title ribbons whaaaa :cry: I dont believe there was anything in the premium about title ribbons. The AKC will send you a paper tilte in the mail for your great accomplishment. Until then quit whinning you havent run enough events to even have an oppinion.

T

·
0 Posts
How Dare...

How dare you guys that has been in this game for so long you want to condemn someone for wanting a title ribbon.

These people might not only have but one dog and have just started this game that I so love.... So 4 ugly orange ribbon and a generally somewhat better looking title ribbon is very special.... I know, it was with my first dog.

So the clubs that take your entry fee and can't even acknowledge your dog for a job well done is a disgrace. This is the first one I know of that doesn't give out title ribbons.

I would think that if that was there plan from the beginning that it should have been noted in the premium. Again this is a first......

·
Registered
230 Posts
Tulsa Slim said:
Whaaaaa they didnt pass out title ribbons whaaaa :cry: I dont believe there was anything in the premium about title ribbons. The AKC will send you a paper tilte in the mail for your great accomplishment. Until then quit whinning you havent run enough events to even have an oppinion.
i was trying to be respectful and ask if there was a reason for not doing it. it is pretty rude that a tulsa retriever club member would give a reply like this. i guess the other people i heard discussing not running your event again may have another reason to consider also.

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
I have titled 2 master hunters and never heard of a title ribbon. Is this something new?

·
Registered
519 Posts
None of the AKC or HRC clubs that I have run in the Southeast give title ribbons. They usually give title pins to put on the ribbon. I like the title ribbon idea. 8)

Buck

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Clubs giving title ribbons are not the norm and title ribbons should not be expected. We had appx. 250 dogs entered we split the master because we had to and split the junior (72dogs on Sat.) as a curtisity. We had 20 workers half of those are paid help. The AKC rep that observed the test was quoted as saying the test at all levels were some of the finest he had seen. You shoud be proud of your title but dont expect more than a hand shake when you get it in Tulsa. If you are chasing a title ribbon you can make sure the club is passing them out before you enter.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
How dare you guys that has been in this game for so long you want to condemn someone for wanting a title ribbon.
Title ribbons are something that just came out in the last 3 - 4 years AFAIK. Honest, I've never felt that any orange ribbon I've earned with my dogs was ugly. I don't think my dogs have ever cared if I got a ribbon or not. They just wanted more birds, preferably flyers.

So the clubs that take your entry fee and can't even acknowledge your dog for a job well done is a disgrace. This is the first one I know of that doesn't give out title ribbons.
It's no disgrace to me. None of our local clubs give out title ribbons. I wouldn't even know what they were except someone told me about them. It seems to me that any ribbon at the end of the test is an accomplishment.

I just looked at the last hunt test premium I received in the mail. It says Standard AKC Rosettes and bird bands to all dogs earning qualifying scores. No title ribbons.

If the Tulsa usually gives out title ribbons then someone forgot to order them. Fire the help. Like I said I'm usually glad there's grounds, judges, birds, and lunch.

I'm of the mind that how dare you people condem a club for not giving out title ribbons? They put on the test and provided everything that goes into holding a hunt test. If title ribbons are so important to you, make sure the premium says title ribbons when you have only one more to go.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Most clubs in Texas do give out title ribbons. I am a member of one of the clubs and am it's HT secretary. We decided last year to order nicer, larger, flashier, ribbons. They are fairly inexpensive and we think that it is not only good advertising for our club but also does something special for our entrants. I have had some entrants tell me that they wait for our test so that they can title and get one of our nice ribbons.

These ribbons are not required by AKC nor can they have any AKC logo on them. Some HRC clubs order a ribbon that merely says "Title Ribbon" and then they attached a small strip with the name of the stake.

The title ribbon respresents time and effort not only by the entrant but by his/her training partners. If a pro is running the dog, it is something that can be given to the often absent owner. The title ribbon is just another aspect of trying to get new people involved and keeping them.

I will have to say that the most exciting title and ribbon recieved by me was that Junior title. The club presentation was special and it was this accomplishment that propelled me into training for Senior, Master and running MN. I can still say that that Junior title was the most sweet!

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Is something that used to be a nice added feature by some clubs now a must do item for all clubs? Will it be taken up by the Hunt Test Advisory Committee?

·
Registered
107 Posts
well, I quess i should enter this frey, since I am the event chair.

Several years ago we did give title ribbons, but then we were told that was not allowed by AKC as they did not authorize title ribbons. We do give a non akc ribbon at the end of the year to our club members for titles they received, but that is a benifit of being one of our members. Maybe you shoud consider this in your club if you are a member, or if not a member, maybe you should join. But the main reason we do not give title ribbons at the hunt test is that they are not akc authorized.

Thanks,
Art Geddes

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Everyone is aware that the title ribbons are not authorized by AKC...that is the reason that there is nothing on them about AKC. They are something nice that a club might return to an entrant for being successful and clearly state that they are from the club. They aren't any different than the title pins that we order for all of our members who earned a title during the year. They also are not authorized by AKC and do not include AKC's logo.

Other activities that are not authorized by AKC might include, among others, raffles and tailgate parties at the events. I see them as generally giving back to the participants. I would hope that just because one club decided to have a particular activity, it is not construed that every club needs to so it also! I doubt that AKC would object to any positive activity that encourages newcomers to enjoy our sport, to participate in AKC events and do not violate AKC's rules.

I generally select what events I attend by whether the event is well run, whether the club is friendly, and whether I feel welcome at that event! Each club has it's own unique personality!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Does anyone know why they are not authorized by the AKC. It seems all the clubs I have ran except for yours feel they are worth buying and distributing anyway. I don't think they have any AKC insignia on them but are a nice token to show your accomplishment.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts