RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
There were several unhappy people at the Junior on Sunday and probably Saturday
When those guys are running the test, getting judges, grounds, help, birds, lunches and doing all that goes into making a hunt test go, they can order title ribbons. In the mean time you thank the people who put the test on for giving their time and effort.

Where's sportsmanship and appreciation nowadays?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
How dare you guys that has been in this game for so long you want to condemn someone for wanting a title ribbon.
Title ribbons are something that just came out in the last 3 - 4 years AFAIK. Honest, I've never felt that any orange ribbon I've earned with my dogs was ugly. I don't think my dogs have ever cared if I got a ribbon or not. They just wanted more birds, preferably flyers.

So the clubs that take your entry fee and can't even acknowledge your dog for a job well done is a disgrace. This is the first one I know of that doesn't give out title ribbons.
It's no disgrace to me. None of our local clubs give out title ribbons. I wouldn't even know what they were except someone told me about them. It seems to me that any ribbon at the end of the test is an accomplishment.

I just looked at the last hunt test premium I received in the mail. It says Standard AKC Rosettes and bird bands to all dogs earning qualifying scores. No title ribbons.

If the Tulsa usually gives out title ribbons then someone forgot to order them. Fire the help. Like I said I'm usually glad there's grounds, judges, birds, and lunch.

I'm of the mind that how dare you people condem a club for not giving out title ribbons? They put on the test and provided everything that goes into holding a hunt test. If title ribbons are so important to you, make sure the premium says title ribbons when you have only one more to go.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Is something that used to be a nice added feature by some clubs now a must do item for all clubs? Will it be taken up by the Hunt Test Advisory Committee?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.