RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about the rest of the UFC fans out there but last night was one of the best main events I've seen in years. Randy "The Natural" Couture owned Tim Sylvia for 5 straight rounds to get the decision for the Heavyweight title. This was an awesome fight. Everyone counted Couture out because of the size difference, etc. but Couture brought his A game and beat Sylvia at his own game. After Couture was presented the belt, he dedicated the fight to all our deployed troops. Couture is The Man in my book. The undercard fights were decent too, Franklin looked like his old self and Hughes got a decision over Lytle.

·
Registered
268 Posts
all around great!

The fights were great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How bout that 24 year olds (name?)....sleeper LOL!!! sweet

Never mind 5 roudns for Couture, that shot in the first seconds that floored Sylvia kicked the main event off quite nicely!

all the best

Wayne

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: .

fowl hunter said:
I was supprised Lutter went the distance with Hughes.
That was Chris Lytle, not Travis Lutter (who lost to Anderson Silva at UFC 67 last month). It will be interesting to see how Hughes progresses, now that he's lost the "invincible" aura.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: .

GregorMac said:
fowl hunter said:
oops thats what I meant.thanks
No worries. It's actually sad that I'm such a fight nerd that I caught that. :oops: 8)
I admit to being a fight nerd myself Gregor.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Now that Couture has the belt do you think he will face CroCop?Does Couture have a chance against someone like CroCop?I would love to have seen CroCop KO Sylvia with one of those head kicks.

Another fight ? Do you think Fidor from Pride will ever fight someone from the UFC,if so who would be a good match for him?I don't think anyone from UFC could beat him,that's one bad dude.
Jason

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cro-Cop will destroy Couture. Randy should retire with the belt. He was well prepared to beat Silvia and deserves huge respect, but Cro-Cop is a much better heavyweight opponent than Couture has ever faced.

Fedor is far superior to any UFC heavyweight except for Cro-Cop.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Didn't Fidor and CroCop already fight and Fidor got the decision?
jason.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree with you MML CroCop will beat any heaveyweight in the UFC.
Did any of you see the Pride fight last weekend were Wanderlei Silva And Dan Henderson went at it.I would have bet the farm that Siva would win,boy was I wrong.Never thaught that Henderson woul have KO'd Silva.
Jason

G

·
I wathced an interview the other day where Dana White said "Chuck wants to fight Cro Cop next" he went on to say that Rampage is next for Chuck but if something happens and that falls through, we could very well get the Ice Man vs' Cro Cop! That would be one hell of a slug fest, I"ll take Chuck to win if it ever happens.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Jeremie I will take that bet!!The Ice Man would get KO'd or Ground and Pounded till a stoppage accured.
jason

·
Registered
221 Posts
crimsonking said:
I wathced an interview the other day where Dana White said "Chuck wants to fight Cro Cop next" he went on to say that Rampage is next for Chuck but if something happens and that falls through, we could very well get the Ice Man vs' Cro Cop! That would be one hell of a slug fest, I"ll take Chuck to win if it ever happens.
This from a guy that said Gaicie would beat Hughes :lol:

G

·
lilhank said:
Jeremie I will take that bet!!The Ice Man would get KO'd or Ground and Pounded till a stoppage accured.
jason
What do you know? You cant even get your little puppy to be quiet!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol:

Seriously, I think Chuck would knock him out. Cro Cop is a straight forward fighter, always moving in toward the action. That bodes well for Chuck, he can knock your a$$ out while back peddling, the croation would catch one on the chin being too agressive.

G

·
check171 said:
crimsonking said:
This from a guy that said Gaicie would beat Hughes :lol:
The way Hughes has looked the past 2 fights, I would probably pick Gracie again! I would like to see Hughes and Diago Sanchez go at it with the winter taken on the Canadian.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I didn't even watch the Hughes fight but it didn't sound impressive. I wasn't impressed with Rich Franklin's win, either.

Couture signed a four fight deal with UFC; he can't retire with the belt. He was quoted as saying that, "the potential for fighting Mirko was taken into consideration" when he made the decision to come back. Based on watching him fight Sylvia, I give him better odds than most. I think he could win but, he has to work his plan. Remember, how many people counted Couture out coming into the fight with Sylvia? "He has trouble with big guys." "He's 43." "He hasn't fought in a year." Et cetera, et cetera. Don't count Randy out; he amazed us all last Saturday.

Cro Cop and Liddell would be a huge fight. Mirko could be Chuck; he might not, but I think he could.

·
Registered
73 Posts
LOW BLOW JEREMIE!! :oops:

Hughes and Sanchez would be good one,hard to call that one.

I still think Cro Crop would knock Liddell out!He is the only one,or very few that went the distance with Fedor.And Fedor is one bad SOB.Rampage pushed the fight with Liddell and beat him bad.

Jason

1 - 20 of 21 Posts