RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I'm going to publicly apologize to all of you who have had to put up with the REALLY crummy service we've experienced over the last week. There's been an ongoing battle between our company and our webhost that has culminated in us leaving them and moving to a new company. It actually is Chris' fault since his email to me last Tuesday started this debacle which ended with me accusing the current hosts of using poorly-trained monkeys to manage their datacenter.

So the long and short of it is that unfortunately the RTF is facing a move to another server which will cause downtime. This should be the last such outage and should eliminate any bandwidth problems we see in the foreseeable future. If you've got any question or concerns about the state of things, please PM me and I'll do my best to address all of your concerns.

Once again, I do apologize for the last week. It's been a ridiculous 7 days and I actually believe that things are getting better. Thanks for your patience.
-Steve

·
Registered
6,210 Posts
Whatever it takes Steve. I dont mind putting up with a few outages overall you guys run an A-1 site and I greatly appreciate this resource!! GOOD LUCK with the new server!!!

·
Registered
8,346 Posts
Steve,

I just want to reiterate how much I appreciate what you have done, and what you are doing for RTF! You've been a huge help. Thanks much!

Chris

Oh, and RTF'ers, please be sure to check out our sponsors' products and services, and try to keep them in your plans as you conduct your retriever activities. It is the sponsors who will help keep RTF alive and growing going forward. :wink:

- Chris

·
Registered
127 Posts
Steve,

Thank you for the update and also for a great site. I thought our web hosting company for our Indian operations were the only ones using poorly trained monkeys. Wow there is a pretty big market apparently for poorly trained monkeys.

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
Whatever happened to the British guy with the monkey? Been a long time since I have seen him post. I bet he could help. He seemed to know how to spank his Monkey.

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Steve Dannaway said:
Hi everyone.

I'm going to publicly apologize to all of you who have had to put up with the REALLY crummy service we've experienced over the last week. There's been an ongoing battle between our company and our webhost that has culminated in us leaving them and moving to a new company. It actually is Chris' fault since his email to me last Tuesday started this debacle which ended with me accusing the current hosts of using poorly-trained monkeys to manage their datacenter.

So the long and short of it is that unfortunately the RTF is facing a move to another server which will cause downtime. This should be the last such outage and should eliminate any bandwidth problems we see in the foreseeable future. If you've got any question or concerns about the state of things, please PM me and I'll do my best to address all of your concerns.

Once again, I do apologize for the last week. It's been a ridiculous 7 days and I actually believe that things are getting better. Thanks for your patience.
-Steve

They probably don't have a big hair blue monkey overseeing things...without a leader IT staff are typically lost.

/Paul

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I found it pretty funny last night when I was curious what the error code "509 bandwidth exceeded" meant. I put it in google and the first site to show up was "The Panic Attack Self-Help Program" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Here's the link just in case you really need it! :wink:

http://www.anxieties.com/sap-help.php

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Speaking of problems with RTF, I have a question. I received a PM. When I did a response to the PM, and clicked submit, the response now shows up in my outbox, but not in my sent folder. Did the message actually send?? If not, how do I get it from my outbox to send it?

Thanks for any help,
Steve

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
It gets moved to your sent box when it is read on the other end.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Thanks Russ.

RTF challenged here.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Steve Dannaway said:

Since you have to move anyway, how about migrating to vBulletin?
8)

·
Registered
105 Posts
CNBarnes said:
Since you have to move anyway, how about migrating to vBulletin?
8)
Chris,

Can you migrate the well of information of posts from phoBB to vBulletin? I know no one wants to start from scratch.

Kev

1 - 14 of 14 Posts