RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody. Here's Frank from the North of Italy. Labrador trainer.
First of all congratulations for the fantastic forum.
I'm trying to repair an old 8 shoot Bumper Boy. That's not my first repair but I don't know what to do at this point.
The transmitter works fine and when I press the Launch button the receiver's red led blinks but nothing happens (but the servo make a very low noise, like as the electronic can't power them correctly).
I tested the servo motors and they work fine when disassembled and tested with a 6v battery.

the PCB looks fine, nothing strange. The only thing I can notice on the board is a missing jumper on JP1 (but I don't remember if in my other BB this jumper was present).

Has something similar happened to someone? please help!
Thanks in advice!
Frank

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I would suspect the wiring where it goes into the receiver. The Molex plugs are susceptible to oxidation where the wire is crimped by the pin. Oxidation can also build up where the pins mate. Try some Deoxit spray or just plugging and unplugging the connector a few times. You need a tool to remove the pins from the connector to fix the crimp. Yo can try just soldering the wire to the pin using a rosin core solder to clean the oxidation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would suspect the wiring where it goes into the receiver. The Molex plugs are susceptible to oxidation where the wire is crimped by the pin. Oxidation can also build up where the pins mate. Try some Deoxit spray or just plugging and unplugging the connector a few times. You need a tool to remove the pins from the connector to fix the crimp. Yo can try just soldering the wire to the pin using a rosin core solder to clean the oxidation.
Thanks for the suggestion, I thought of everything completely forgetting about the possibility the problem concerns the wiring - although it seems strange to me concerning all 8 launchers. I will try to bypass the Molex directly to a servo!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had oxidation on mine and had to clean it off. It worked fine after that. I also went ahead and cleaned everything and greased everything back up for a little p.m.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, I thought of everything completely forgetting about the possibility the problem concerns the wiring - although it seems strange to me concerning all 8 launchers. I will try to bypass the Molex directly to a servo!
It happens a lot. I would try cleaning before bypassing. Also check the solder connections where the molex connects to the board in the receiver.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried cleaning all with a specific spray cleaner... nothing is changed.
JP1 could be the problem? maybe a lost jumper? Schermata 2019-11-04 alle 14.23.12.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would try reprogramming first, a new battery second, the main harness from the receiver may have a bad connection but if all 8 launcher position have the same problem it most likely battery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts