RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Vet help please

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  1st retriever 
#1 ·
Have a 4 yo black lab that cut his foot pretty bad. It's not the pad itself that's cut its in the skin between the heel pad and toe pads so it is not actually touching when he walks but it want stay closed up to start healing up. I was wondering if liquid band aid stuff would be safe for animals? Just to help it close up. Thanks for any help. I have been cleaning it with peroxide and applying neosporin.

#3 ·
My vet said avoid liquid bandage altogether. My pup had bad mouth sores on lips from wearing on the kennel bars...so deep i thought stitches would be the only answer....vet said try Corona and stop neosporin and ive it time. Sure enough healed right up, even grew back and appear normal. Maybe neosporin and a wrap during day and Corona at night with some air, just my opinion. If its real deep/long might need stitches

G
#5 · (Edited)
I would take him in they may want to put him on antibiotics . My vet has just wrapped my dogs foot to hold everything together and make sure it stayed clean and dry. As a groomer I have seen nicks to the webbing they can really bleed . My vet gave me a tube of stuff cant remember the name but she called it a liquid stitch it worked great

#6 ·
Corona is awesome stuff!!! My Wolfhound peeled the hide away down to her tendon and I put that on it and she doesn't even have a scar and it was a good 3 inch by 2 inch strip of hide gone. We use the liquid bandage at work if a dog gets knicked by the blade if it moves during grooming. Works good on flanks and legs but not sure how it would do on a foot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.