RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me preface this by saying we will be heading in for x-rays and exam tomorrow afternoon but I wanted to know what you'll think. (Internet diagnosis)
7 month old pup, daily training last week, 5 hour road trip in trailer and spent all the time not training or airing on the trailer. Return home (5hrs) Friday. Saturday get to the kennels and pup refuses to put much weight on that leg. I let him get in the pond a little. Sunday morning get to the kennel limping is worse and now a little noticeable swelling on top of hip. Area of swelling is about 2 inches in diameter and and raised about half an inch. No marks like a bite or external injury. Today, limping is not as bad, he wants to play some but I kept him from running any at all. Place on hip is about the same size as yesterday but as sore to the touch. No soreness outside of the area of swelling.
Ideas?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Even though no break in the skin - now - could be abscess from unknown trauma. Also would consider soft tissue/muscle injury - hematoma, etc. Worst case scenerio - hip issue - subluxation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts