RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone currently feeding Victor with good results? If so, which formula? I've tried to transition to it several times over the years, but was never satisfied (26/18 Performance-green bag with choco lab on front).

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I feed it to my dogs and really like it. The green bag that you mention. I also have fed the red bag in the past which has a higher protein/fat content... What about it didn't you like?

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Victor Professional (Purple Bag) the last few years for my adult performance and semi-retired Labs and one Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with perfect results. Never a loose stool. Coats and health great! Dogs love it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Victor Professional (Purple Bag) the last few years for my adult performance and semi-retired Labs and one Cavalier King Charles Spaniel with perfect results. Never a loose stool. Coats and health great! Dogs love it!
The 26/18?

·
Registered
23 Posts
We feed Victor Hi Pro Plus to all of our personal dogs and training dogs, mostly labs and an English cocker spaniel. Ages range from puppies to 13 years old. We've never had any dogs with issues on that food, they have good stools and nice, shiny coats. Victor professional didn't have enough calories for our working dogs, especially the boys.

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
3,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
By purchasing ProPlan from Chewy, I am saving $10 a bag over a local supplier, plus $2 a bag for auto ship. Hard to beat that deal for a quality food.

Meredith

·
Registered
290 Posts
My dog had loose stools on Purina and Nutri Source. I did Victor and no loose stools. It’s the green bag chocolate lab and get it from chewys.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I appreciate the responses. I have been purchasing my PP from Chewy.com for quite a while. I may give Victor another go, and see if I get better results this time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can get the purple performance for $37.88/bag (40lbs) or the green bag with the lab on it for $45.46/bag locally.
That's tax and all. Both are are a considerable savings over PP....even from chewy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone currently feeding Victor with good results? If so, which formula? I've tried to transition to it several times over the years, but was never satisfied (26/18 Performance-green bag with choco lab on front).
I've switched to Victor Hi-Pro Performance (30/20, beef based) and have firm small stools on all my dogs. Switched from PP Bright Minds.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Victor Professional purple bag for the last few years. Good poop with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts