RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The California Fish & Game Commission voted yesterday to accept the proposed 'clean up' of land use regulations. At the same time, they directed the Department continue to work with affected stakeholders to resolve the outstanding issues - most of which involve the training, testing and trialing of hunting dogs. The regulations adopted did include last minute amendments from the Department that made them much better for dog releated uses, but they are still seriously flawed. The Commission recognizes those flaws, and has demanded that they be fixed.

Up against a rule making deadline, the Commission had to either adopt the whole package yesterday, or go back to square one in the regulatory process. There were too many other important things in the package to make voting it down a probable option, but the Commissioners were NOT happy with the loss of public access that would result if they went forward. They made that very clear, and in the end, a compromise was reached whereby the package was adopted, and the Department was ordered to return in not less than 6, and not more than 9, months with amending language to address the problems in the language.

The Commission sent a clear message to the Department that they must pay attention to the stakeholdes in addressing issues that will limit public access to public lands.

Florence

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Congrats on the victory...I hope they get those amendments in place before there is a change (leadership or what not) which causes the Commissions point to be ignored.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I'll believe it when I see it. The HSUS has their foot in the door with the DF&G in CA and is pushing their influence and agenda. When the CADF&G denounces them I will start to have a little hope, but that doesn't look like it'll happen anytime soon. They need the HSUS's money too bad!

The commission's leadership will probably change soon and with the libs that this state keeps sending to Sacramento I don't hold out too much hope for them to appoint sound thinkers!

BHB

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You have to celebrate every victory, or it's too easy to lose hope and not try at all. If Florence and others hadn't put the effort forward, the problem would've been ignored. Now it is under a spot light. For the commission to have acknowledged that public access is a priority is nothing less than than miracle.

Thanks for the update and your efforts, Florence!!

Jennifer

·
Registered
377 Posts
Florence, thank you SO MUCH for all you do on behalf of dog owners in CA. I don't know what we would do without you!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Good job Florence even former CA resident thanks you for all you work.

·
Registered
568 Posts
You have to celebrate every victory, or it's too easy to lose hope and not try at all. If Florence and others hadn't put the effort forward, the problem would've been ignored. Now it is under a spot light. For the commission to have acknowledged that public access is a priority is nothing less than than miracle.

Thanks for the update and your efforts, Florence!!

Jennifer
DITTO, Thank you!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
It's going to be a long battle. I hate seeing the HSUS and the PeTAs surface in this arena, it means they are spreading. Thanks Florence for being in the forefront in this never ending entanglement.

·
Registered
915 Posts
It's going to be a long battle. I hate seeing the HSUS and the PeTAs surface in this arena, it means they are spreading. Thanks Florence for being in the forefront in this never ending entanglement.
I wouldn't characterize them as "spreading" but instead they are "spending" their way into influence. CA is strapped for money(bankrupt) and will take it from any source, including HSUS.

Yes, I do agree that you have done a great job in fighting for our dogs here in CA, Florence! Keep up the good work!

BHB

·
Registered
698 Posts
Unfortunately, they are spreading. On the federal front, they are actively stirring, cooking anti-breeder legislation through APHIS. They are in every state. It's reality. We have to face it and continue. I've been in this battle since San Mateo. Then Santa Clara. Then Berkeley. Then King County, Washington. Won some, lost some. Now more dog people are getting involved. We need even more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts