RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone tried this product with dogs in the house?

I’m a flooring installer/home remodeler by trade. Vinyl strip flooring also known as luxury vinyl planking is an excellent product as long as you pick a quality material. It is waterproof, scratch resistant and durable. We have it the majority of our home. It can be a little slick fo dogs but holds up better then any other flooring except maybe tile.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m a flooring installer/home remodeler by trade. Vinyl strip flooring also known as luxury vinyl planking is an excellent product as long as you pick a quality material. It is waterproof, scratch resistant and durable. We have it the majority of our home. It can be a little slick fo dogs but holds up better then any other flooring except maybe tile.
Any brand names you can recommend?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Have it .... love it! Put it down on the main floor in the house six years ago and have had up to five active dogs across it over the years. Because of the waterproof factor, had it installed on the main part of the floor in the kennel room..... it happened to be the same installers from the initial installation and the durability even impressed them! They also stated that a lot of vet clinics are looking to this product now. I believe ours was Shaw Flooring.

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
We have it in some of the house, it's held up well for going on 14 years now, the installation is simple for a do-it-yourselfer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree Shaw makes a good product, but I’m not partial to any particular brand. Honestly you get what you pay for, stick in the middle end for price per sqft unless you want more expensive stuff. Avoid places that offer free install with purchase. Nothing is ever free. And even tho some people tell you it’s easy to install, keep in mind everybody’s skill set is different and everyone’s finished standards are different. If it was easy to make it look perfect and last forever, people like me wouldn’t have a job 😁

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I just put down 800 sqft of it in my basement. The dogs don’t seem to have a problem with it, though we chose a textured product that may provide some traction. While not a difficult project it’s hard on the knees and back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have it .... love it! Put it down on the main floor in the house six years ago and have had up to five active dogs across it over the years. Because of the waterproof factor, had it installed on the main part of the floor in the kennel room..... it happened to be the same installers from the initial installation and the durability even impressed them! They also stated that a lot of vet clinics are looking to this product now. I believe ours was Shaw Flooring.
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Thomas ..... since I cannot figure out how to post photos or message you on this "wonderful" new version of the forum, would be happy to send you photos via e-mail of the product we used.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts