RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Should the new banner use only purebred dogs?

• yes

Votes: 51 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should the RTF Banner photo use only purebred retrieving breeds?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Admin Remove it or I will delete my account
Sincerely
Jeff Gruber

·
Registered
431 Posts
That banner is 100% unacceptable.

Reactions: HuntinDawg

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
The banner ought to be changed. It's a good example of a commercial enterprise not knowing what we do or what our concerns are. To them it's just a dog.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
If we are going to do this properly, they need to remove the Weimaraner, and include a Golden, a Chesapeake, a Toller, a Flat Coat and any other Breed that is recognized by the AKC to compete at Retriever Events

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
And a 'Boykin' ! :).....and any other breed that 'retrieves' or the handler/owner/member looks for advice or can give ?:unsure:..should be a big picture of different dogs if that happens, just get rid of the white picket fence ,that looks crap:p

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Aye, Polmaise - bring back Gumbo!
Gumbo.jpg

And maybe a few bonafide per se retrievers to boot!
ron12-31-10hunt 497b.jpg

MG

PS Bon Mallari wrote:
If we are going to do this properly, they need to remove the Weimaraner, and include a Golden, a Chesapeake, a Toller, a Flat Coat and any other Breed that is recognized by the AKC to compete at Retriever Events
Hey, Bon, bet you didn't know, Silver Labs can compete at AKC retriever events (hunt tests) if they are registered as Weimaraners - as can about a dozen other European/continental breeds, including the one in my avatar even if she ain't a "White Lab"...

·
Registered
793 Posts
Why is it wrong to have this Weimaraner on the banner?

·
Registered
9,616 Posts
Why is it wrong to have this Weimaraner on the banner?
“A rhetorical question is one for which the questioner does not expect a direct answer: in many cases it may be intended to start a discourse, or as a means of putting across the speaker's or author's opinion on a topic.”

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
When silver retrievers are designated as a separate breed with their own set of breed standards and stud book, they should be allowed to enter/title in akc/ukc/nahra retriever tests and trials. They should not be considered purebred labradors.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I have not logged in lately so I just saw the new banner. It is trash. I hope I wasn't unclear.

Reactions: 2 labs

·
Registered
409 Posts
The new banner is a slap in the face to Labrador Retriever breeders who aim to produce the best of the breed. The silver lab isn’t even a full bred lab, it is a cross. My vote is change it, it is offensive to the current database of customers

Reactions: Steve Amrein
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.