RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the fire has managed to make its way into a subdivision on the West side of town.

Please pray for rain!
Please pray for the firefighters!
Please pray no human life is lost!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Definitey sending prayers for all involved homeowners and firefighters. Hope you and David are ok, let me know if you need anything my daughter is down in the springs as well on a church mission trip this week. We also had one start up here in Boulder by Gross Reservoir today I can see the massive plume from the house. The slurry bombers up on the North side are based out of Rky Mnt Regional and they rolling over th house it seems like every 30 minutes. We need rain in the worst way. Take care.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Boulder is under pre-evac orders!

We are fine, far enough away from the fire.

The Flying W Ranch burned down - its is a historical site, been part of the community sine 1953. Sad day today.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I wish we could send you some of our rain. Thinking good thoughts for cooler, less windy and more moisture.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I read that they are evacuating the Air Force Academy....I sure hope that Helen/Don Graves grandson Dano is safe and out of harms way....prayers up for ALL the residents of the areas affected

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read that they are evacuating the Air Force Academy....I sure hope that Helen/Don Graves grandson Dano is safe and out of harms way....prayers up for ALL the residents of the areas affected
Right now the AFA is not burning, but the subdivisions north of them is. I'm pretty sure they will be safe. The live coverage is shocking....houses just burning...left and right. Ugh.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Hope you get rain!!! Prayers sent. Take care. We are thinking of you!

·
Registered
407 Posts
this has been an ugly fire season. Our many thanks go to the brave men and women who are fighting multiple fires, the police and military police, the military fire fighters who have also been wonderful. I don't know how we'd survive without all of them. Prayers sent.

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Glad to here you guys are ok.

Prayers sent

Gooser

·
Registered
907 Posts
Pictures of West Colorado Springs:

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Heartbreaking............ everyone in that area, please stay safe!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Prayers definitely sent!

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
OMG, prayers sent. That is terrible. The rain seems to go to certain areas this year and others not a drop.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Wow, I can't imagine going through fire like that. Prayers sent.....
Looks like there are quite a few homes in the area below Flying W Ranch. Centennial Blvd and W Woodman area look to be in big trouble.
With words like "epic' and "long way to go" being used this morning, I really feel bad for the folks who live in the evacuation area show on this map.

http://www.springsgov.com/units/communications/Waldo_Fire_6_26_12_MANDATORY_rev2_11x17.pdf

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
You all are definately in our prayers. Stay safe !!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Prayers being sent for all to be safe. Worried about many of our field trial friends that are in Colorado.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Prayers sent. For everyone's safety and for rains.
It wasn't too long ago that Texas had those huge fires. God be with all of you.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts