RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

My name is Neil, and I am looking for people to train with the Sacramento/Roseville area. I have only been in California for a year or so, so my local connections are very limited. I work a 3 year old BLM, and spent approximately two years working for an east coast pro, starting when my dog was a few months old. My pro trained me, and I was able to train my dog, but since moving to California we've had a terrible time continuing where we left off.
My primary interest is waterfowl hunting, but would like to run some tests if we can get back to training. On a good day, my dog is scratching at master/finished level work, but all this time off is making us both rusty. If anyone has an active training group, and they would be willing to let me watch for a day (or if anyone would like to try to start one), please let me know. I am searching for a few people to train with a couple times a week (preferably early in the morning before it gets too hot). I have some equipment, and am more than willing to throw marks and plant blinds.

Please send me a pm if interested. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
There are a lot of clubs up that way

Might try the new Sac River HRC
http://www.sacriverhrc.org/

or Central Coast Retriever Club
http://www.cchrc.com/

then there's Monterey Bay, SageHens, Golden Retriever Club, I think they all have training days. Bet You could pick up some training partners there

·
Registered
915 Posts
Another club that has members in the Sacto area is Marin Retriever club. We have monthly training days for the club members. We are having a club training day tomorrow at CRTA property on Denverton road near Suisun City. It starts at 9 and will have a veterinarian member talk briefly on dog first aid. We are charging $20each for the area rental. PM me if interested. It would be a good way to link up with some local groups.

BHB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts