RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, my wife Sherri works at a vet's office. She witnessed something tragic today, and wanted me to pass along the story so others will be careful --

A lady with a litter of six-week old golden puppies was vacuuming her house with a canister vacuum. She had to leave the room but did not turn her vacuum off. One of the puppies got curious. When she returned, the pup was sucked in half way.

The pup was unconscious so she rushed it to the vet. They were able to revive it, but just as it was by all appearances rallying, it died. The vacuum has ruptured the pup's lungs. It had no chance.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Goodness. :shock:

I was about to do some vacuum cleaning. Mine you should be dog training again but too hot. 96F. I reckon all housework might be dangerous, so I will leave it, for another day.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Aussie said:
Goodness. :shock:

I was about to do some vacuum cleaning. Mine you should be dog training again but too hot. 96F. I reckon all housework might be dangerous, so I will leave it, for another day.
Now Julie what will poor darling Andrew have to say about that??

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Andrew arrived home from work 15 minutes ago. Long suffering has a gooood job, do not feel sorry for him, afterall it is only 2.52pm Friday here? :lol: He only left at 9.30am this morning also.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Oh, and he is mad. Out in the full sun,sighting his gun or something LOL. Naturally he made sure all the dogs are safe and sound, in the house, with the airconditioning on. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Aussie said:
Oh, and he is mad. Out in the full sun,sighting his gun or something LOL. Naturally he made sure all the dogs are safe and sound, in the house, with the airconditioning on. :lol: :lol:
He going hunting???? Tell him helloooooo....

Lainee, Flash and Bullet

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Lainee, um............sort of. I better send you a PM or Email to tell you what he wants to get rid of, in the garden.

Open duck season has unfortunately been cancelled this year, in my home state of Victoria, due to the drought. Hunting on the rice is also a problem, due to water allocation. New Zealand or Tasmania (Tasmania has a few restrictions apparently to visitors) are looking good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts