RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Keith Farmer in south Ga. In the early AM, we did some land marks with shackled ducks and the dogs were really upbeat after the land marks.
We did these as singles.
Left mark is 142 with a long down the shore swim, exit up and out, then get back in to hunt the mark which was thrown right to left and landed in pretty heavy water cover. Concepts here were to get back in and then hunt the mark out of heavy cover. Little wind so there was no wind saves. The dogs had to get in the cover and dig it out. We used dead frozen ducks for these marks.

Right mark 190 yards thrown left to right and landed in a cove in a small pond that can't be seen from the photo. There were 5 re entries on this mark. Concept here was to hold the line and keep getting back in and then hit the pond to the bird. The third re entry offered a real chance to cheat as the water was pretty skinny there and if the dog got out to cheat to the right, he would go up and around the hill and be lost.
I am very happy to say my 11 mo old Shaq girl did a good job on both, staying honest all the way. Keith has had her about 3 months and is really doing a great job.
She showed promise after she was FF, so I put her with Keith to see if we can make a FT dog out of her.
He also has another one of mine,Dirt, a 3 year old out of Punch and a HRCH girl out of Carbon. Dirt has derby points and a SRS third. He smoked it. Straight out, straight back.
About all we could do on water as it was over 90 and high humidity by mid morning.
MP

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Nice set up Mike,....thanks for sharing!!

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts