RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks and I am completely stumped. Everything I searched for was paper related or similar. That's not me or my wife. So far we have scheduled a sky sox game (AAA) baseball game. I am taking her to dinner before hand. She keeps saying she has a super great present that I am going to love. My wife is one to pull these crazy great gift ideas out and I don't want to top her by any means but just show her that I came up with something good to. Any ideas are welcomed

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
You know your wife, we don't. Get off here and never let her find out that you were seeking the advice of complete strangers. Especially those who would rather be training dogs than thinking about what you should get your wife.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
A "trip" trumps "stuff" hands down... A romantic getaway with a few "surprises" will leave her speechless.. It doesn't have to be pricey just imaginative. ;)

Angie

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The "paper anniversary" deserves a puppy with really good "papers."
Seems logical to me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I got my wife a world map that has pins of all of the places we have visited and lived together. Were doing the thing where each year you get a different gift. 1st year is paper. Although I am with Glen. Dog forum may not be the best place for ideas haha.

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
A "trip" trumps "stuff" hands down... A romantic getaway with a few "surprises" will leave her speechless.. It doesn't have to be pricey just imaginative. ;)

Angie
I agree with Angie. Paper=tickets

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can't go wrong with these:

1) Book her a massage
2) Book romantic weekend trip

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Find a waterfall. Any waterfall will work but, obviously the more secluded the better. Without her knowing, pre-pack a backpack with some sandwiches, pre-sliced cheeses in plastic containers, fruit, chocolate or whatever she likes. Beverages of choice...a martini works well in a thermos which has been pre-chilled in the freezer if you really want to get the effect. or, whatever beverages you like the most. Pull up to trailhead, grab backpack(she doesn't know you've done this of course so, just you opening up the backpack when you get there is a whole different surprise) You'll be the most thoughtful person in the entire world...

something about waterfalls and women....gets them everytime...can't believe I leaked one of my secrets...

·
Registered
792 Posts
i think we all know what her "super great present" is. if you really want to be sentimental, mushy, and keep with the paper theme....scrapbook. not just pictures (def want lots in there though) but keepsakes and relics from your first's. first date receipt, first movie ticket stub etc. if your like most men you dont keep these things though and id resort to the next best paper....the green kind. you could even coincide your green paper and her "super great present" together;).

all joking aside the scrapbook is a great idea. if you dont have enough material to fill one just fill it with stuff from your wedding forward and leave some blank pages and say something cheesy like "we'll add to it as we add memories in our journey"

·
Registered
553 Posts
Running ideas past like minded people who share our love of training is why we have GDG.
I love the waterfall idea. If you aren't close to one, a lake or even by the ocean is fine.
My hubby proposed to me at night in New Orleans, on the shore of Lake Pontchartrain.
Anyway, doesn't have to be expensive, just thoughtful. Something that means something only to the two of you.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Ya go to the local Toy store...... NOT that one ,,,,, a real kids Toy store...

Ya Buy the extra large assortment of "PlayDough"

All the colors!!

Get it home. Carefully open each can,, and place a very crisp 100.00 dollar bill in each can.. Theres yer paper..

Ya take her to the nicest Italiano resturant ya can find that serves pancakes..

At dinner,, just before Ya laddel on the butter and syrup,, Ya present her with her present...

She will love you forever...

Thak me later:):)

Gooser

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Go to the Hallmark store and start reading cards until you find one that you think she'll love them buy that one and a blank one, then hand write the context of the one into the blank one like you took the time to write itself.

·
Administrator
3,871 Posts
i think we all know what her "super great present" is. if you really want to be sentimental, mushy, and keep with the paper theme....scrapbook. not just pictures (def want lots in there though) but keepsakes and relics from your first's. first date receipt, first movie ticket stub etc. if your like most men you dont keep these things though and id resort to the next best paper....the green kind. you could even coincide your green paper and her "super great present" together;).

all joking aside the scrapbook is a great idea. if you dont have enough material to fill one just fill it with stuff from your wedding forward and leave some blank pages and say something cheesy like "we'll add to it as we add memories in our journey"
Hmmmmm...if my hubby gave me a scrapbook, I'd probably smack him.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Paper = tickets = favorite band or musician coming to town?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Hum?
1st anniversary = 3 hours in a nice hotel suite not 3 hours in a stadium seat.
How long do you plan to be married? Save baseball and stuff for when you're old. ;)

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Diamond earrings works wonders....Start small and work up and please don't forgot an anniversary card. Make sure you take your time on that one.

Cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts

Angie
this.
Is she outdoorsy? A weekend in Aspen, or Steamboat, and book her a massage or a spa visit for some pampering.
Is she a city girl? A fancy hotel in downtown Denver, with dinner at a restaurant you've never been to.
Glenwood Springs? Estes Park? Colorado Springs? You've got so many awesome places in your state.

As far as a gift, what's her favorite stone? Jewelry - with her favorite stone, whatever kind it is.
This is your first anniversary, this needs to make a statement. She WILL remember this forever. If you underplay it, she will remember THAT forever. Do it big and romantic, even if she doesn't seem like she's a big romantic type. Be her hero.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts