RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adam is the latest new, ID verified member of the forum.

Adam, good luck with your retriever adventures. I hope you get full benefit from the resource that we know as RTF. It's not all going to be of value, and you'll likely find yourself weeding out lots of undesirable stuff...

But buried in there, will be the little gems. The nuggets of RTF value are there...for everyone who wants to use the resource that way.

Thanks for your understanding that due to the nonsense baloney of a few bad apples, we get to tolerate this new real name, ID protocol.

Chris

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome. There are some great people here and they are good about sharing their knowledge and trying to help. Like any forum you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Welcome aboard Adam. You and Chip will gain tons of insight and knowledge here. Not to mention it's a great spot to look for gear.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome. There are some great people here and they are good about sharing their knowledge and trying to help. Like any forum you have to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Wait a second! No one said anything about having to do farm labor in order to be on this site....LOL!!! :D Welcome to the site....we newbies have to stick together or else they'll have us milkin cows too!! :D

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Adam
Welcome to the greatest online resource for retriever training there is. As I am sure you are aware, Chris the owner and janatior, recently had to tighten registration proceduers because of a few bad apples. Now that you have submitted fingerprints, DNA, and a full background check you have the opportunity to learn as much as you want about retriever training and everything that goes with the sport. You will find a lot of great information as well as a lot of nonsense. The nonsense is all in fun and to do well in this community you need to bring a good sense of humor and keep in mind that even if a :) is not included it can still be an attempt at humor. Do not take everything you read here as gospel and listen to all arguments or suggestions. There are people here who offer advice that don't have a clue, but there are far more who do. It will not take long before you will know who the know it alls are and who really knows. Don't sweat the ones who do not know, just dig through the post until you find what you think is best. Even the know it alls can have a good point from time to time.
I suggest you learn to use the search function to research your questions before posting them. We are always willing to answer your questions, but the basic questions have been asked a million times. Search the topic, read what you find and then post and questions that you still have.
Most of all enjoy the resource and treat people like you would at a hunt test tailgate, because that is really what RTF is.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Chris
I know the new verification is a pain for you, but I think overall it will improve the quality of the new members. Nothing worth having is easy to get. The members who follow through on registering will really want to be here.

Adam, maybe you already have, but an introduction post goes a long way around here. It will let the members know who you are and where you are at with you dog(s). Some people come here and have been runni g trials or test for years and other just got their first dog. It helps to know that information

1 - 17 of 17 Posts