RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
congrats are in order to Mr Booty. almost two years ago frank was sent adrift by katrina. ended up in Sunset, la. People from NAW LINS thought that the only people that could cook was Emeril,John Folsee and Commanders. Now he going to bouchieres,eating boudin balls,cracklins, couchon des lait and cajun dances. Good Job buddy :D next time i see you i will validate your passport :D :D PASS A GOOD TIME. cajun-american regards
BOB

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
The food is different over here. I'm use to Creole cooking and still miss a great plate of red beans and rice with real French bread. Bread is OK here but I sure miss red beans and rice on Mondays. Boudin and cracklins for breakfast most days around here. With over 300 restaurants in the Lafayette area, New Orleans has nothing over this place when it comes to table fare. Heck, we even boiled a 100 pounds of crawfish at the radio stations Thursday afternoon and drank 7 cases of beer. That would have never happened in New Orleans. I was in charge of grilling wild duck breast stuffed with jack cheese and jalipino peppers. We also had cornbread with whole kearnel corn, chunks of crawfish and red peppers that was awesome! And, a little Turtle Sauce Piquant on the side.

Got to go, they are slaughtering the pig at 1pm.

Bon Apetit y'all!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Mr. Booty,
Na Orlens is great -- you gotta love that creole cooking -- but personally I LOVE Cajun food -- your post got my mouth watering for crawdads -- must be the connection that we Canucks share with the Cajuns -- love it around Lafayette -- great great food -- great restaurants

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mike,
Come on down buddy, we gonna pass a good time :D I'll take you to Basile, Eunice, Mamou, Mansura, Church Point, La. Acadiana at it's best :!: Cajun-American regards.

·
Registered
987 Posts
bobbyb,
An invitation almost too good to pass up on -- been a long time since I've been down that way -- don't know about this year but am aiming for next -- hopefully Triple DQ in Spillway next Feb. -- maybe I'll take you up on your offer when I'm down that way next

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
Mr Booty said:
jalipino peppers.
ya dumbazz coonazz, you had my mouth watering until I had to wonder what kind of peppers you were using, I would have never guessed that you couldn't spell "jalapeno"........,we pronounce it "ha la peen o" :wink:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ed, makes you wonder if he's ever been FTP :lol:Us real cajun-american Know how it's spelled ha-la-peeneaux :lol:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
proves my case ex naw awlns people they don't know, by the way jalapeno real spelling ha la peeneaux :lol:

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
EdA said:
bobbyb said:
Ed, makes you wonder if he's ever been FTP :lol:
he's probably never been west of the Sabine River or east of the Mississippi River :shock:
Well, over here they are pronounced, Ja li pi nos (with the J pronounced)! :wink:

Now wouldn't the two of you liked to have been where I was yesterday afternoon and night, dancing with all those cute young Cajun school teachers and nurses! :p

Eiyeee.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
The next argurment wil be "prawlines -vs- "pralines"........lol

Texan with a cajun wife,

Regards

1 - 14 of 14 Posts