1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
12,476 Posts
well he seems to have a good attitude about it, at least.
and they yell alligator, as a joke? huh? red necks like you all
make red necks like me look bad.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken we like to yell shark at the beach too. Always remember once you go in the water in Florida, fresh or salt, you are no longer the top of the food chain

·
Registered
42 Posts
“He reached up and grabbed the alligator underneath its bottom jaw, by his skin, and the alligator, of course, pulled him down at that point.”

Sounds like hes been watching too many tv shows.

·
Registered
658 Posts
“He reached up and grabbed the alligator underneath its bottom jaw, by his skin, and the alligator, of course, pulled him down at that point.”

Sounds like he's been watching too many tv shows.
Yea, what works on TV frequently will get you killed in real life. Fred is a dumbass, but his sister is cute.

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Clearly the reality hasn't fully sunk in. ( or could be he is from the far left side of the bell curve). Personally I feel bad for the kid. Missing his right hand is going to put limitations on what he can do including what jobs he will be able to hold.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the water???
Shirley, you jest.
It would take a hole team of green peace
volunteers to drag me off of the beach.
Yeah but on the bright side a year or so ago it would have taken a team and a forklift to drag you anywhere.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Clearly the reality hasn't fully sunk in. ( or could be he is from the far left side of the bell curve). Personally I feel bad for the kid. Missing his right hand is going to put limitations on what he can do including what jobs he will be able to hold.
My thought too. He will be fine in the long run. He wanted a tooth or the skull of the gator but the state has disposal laws when it comes to gators that attack people. They have to be incinerated so the trapper doesn't profit off of them.
as much as it seems
like a dumbass thing to do, swimming in waters with gators, we all grew up doing it. When I was a boy scout we use to camp very near this spot and we had a nice rope swing into the same river. I have no proof but I swear alligators have become more aggressive towards people in the past decade or two. Maybe it is just more people in areas with gators, but I see very aggressive gators in very remote areas. Then again there are far more gators now then there were then.

·
Registered
Prime Time Four's a Full House 'Jessie' MH and Wyco's Lena Linda con Besos MH
533 Posts
I have to say that I was impressed that he had the sense to pinch the stump of his arm between his knees to slow down the bleeding.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts

Sounds like hes been watching too many tv shows.
My impression was that he did this as the alligator tried to attack. It didn't sound like he was out there purposefully trying to catch an alligator, just trying to fight back once he was confronted by one. As his sister said, watching tv shows about alligator hunting may have saved his life by showing him what to do in that situation.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I think the reason he acts like it was no big deal is because he is euphoric over being alive. Seriously. I was struck by a car last April (April 2011) while cycling. I had 14 staples in my head, a brain concussion, an inner ear concussion with permanent 62% loss of function in my left inner ear, vertigo for several months and I still get dizzy on a pretty regular basis (yes, I was wearing a helmet), but I was so thankful that it wasn't worse that I was somewhat euphoric for several days. When my wife got to the ER and came into my room I was joking and trying to put her at ease just like this kid was doing with his mom. I agree, life with 1 hand is going to be a BIG change and we know from the story that he was previously right handed. Ronald Reagan is said to have been making jokes with the doctors prior to going into emergency surgery after being shot. There is a euphoria to being alive when you very well could have been dead and I'll tell you it can last for days. Also, there is a very humbling feeling of gratitude when others help you when you are unable to help yourself.

I was born in Florida and it is going to take several of you to throw me in the fresh water there and I really avoid getting in the ocean too and only grudgingly go out about knee deep with my little kids who I can't convince my wife from keeping out of the water. As Badbullgator alluded to, I don't like going anywhere where I'm not the baddest thing around and with the aid of firearms and archery equipment that is basically just in the water. Man is an apex predator as long as we are on land and properly armed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts