RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At least I think it was him. :confused: A litter or two bred a couple years ago. Just wondering how those pups turned out? Are any being trained for trials or tests?

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
It was Silverbrook Kennels in Virginia. Trish Jagoda owned Tiger at the end of his life, and the frozen semen.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Trish has an expected litter from Tiger and her Bridget dog listed on her web site as due in May.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Susan, Thanks, good catch. I looked at that ad. and saw the picture of Tiger and Bridget and thought that was the breeding..

Need to improve my reading comprehension. I almost called about it.

When Tiger was alive I wanted a chocolate out of him. I can't remember why but it never happened.

Never got to see him run trials, but he sure made the NAHRA tests look like a walk in the park. Fine animal.

Thanks, Randy

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Tiger female "Bet" she is a fantastic Retriever!!! Very easy to train
very very fast solid on the line, marks well and blinds are good also. EIC clear CNM carrier
Excellent hips, normal elbows. Bred her to FC AFC Badger State Ram Kicker
last year ,she had 7 pups, sold them with no problem! All over the East cost!!
I have a planned repeat breeding this Fall. Bet plans to earn her MH title this
Spring/Summer.

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
Trish has an expected litter from Tiger and her Bridget dog listed on her web site as due in May.
RND,

You are who I think you are right? (one of my mentors and guys that I tried to emulate during my formative years in the NAHRA game)

These darn "handles" instead of real names make me a bit confused.

But the first initial of your username matches up right.

You had a killer awesome male, chocolate, named "Gator"...right? And a nice compact female named "Dixie"?

Chris

·
Registered
834 Posts
;Chris, yes that's me (Randy). Don't forget that little powder keg Sheeba ( by Rippin Blue Thunder). Those were some of the best times of my life.

I don't want to high jack this thread so I'll start another one in a bit.

The reason for my interest is I'm VERY seriously contemplating getting back into the game.

That said I'm looking for (what I think) is the best field trial chocolate pup available.

PM on it's way

P.S. I did start a "Little" riff on your site about an avatar. It gets boring in Pennsylvania in the winter months :) I'll try to behave.......

Randy

·
Registered
8,352 Posts
;Chris, yes that's me (Randy). Don't forget that little powder keg Sheeba ( by Rippin Blue Thunder). Those were some of the best times of my life.

I don't want to high jack this thread so I'll start another one in a bit.

The reason for my interest is I'm VERY seriously contemplating getting back into the game.

That said I'm looking for (what I think) is the best field trial chocolate pup available.

PM on it's way

P.S. I did start a "Little" riff on your site about an avatar. It gets boring in Pennsylvania in the winter months :) I'll try to behave.......

Randy

Hi Randy,

I saw some of the after posts, but I did not get to see the avatar.

I was on the road for 3 weeks straight and got pretty behind on a lot of stuff...(RTF posts included).

I'm back in the saddle and trying to get dug out.

There are some nice Chocolate dogs out there.

I happened to be judging the weekend that little Ammo girl got her 100th derby point (she won that weekend). She was a neat little derby dog and I hear she's now making splashes in all age stakes after a bit of a break.

I hope you find an awesome dog.

Tom Stasierowski's back in the game, I would imagine you know.

P.S. Gator was my favorite. My buddy Scott Keeler had a male choco "by" Gator bred to one of Tom's bitches. ( I wrote "by" because some folks get bent if you write "out of" with reference to a male)

Chris

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Susan, Thanks, good catch. I looked at that ad. and saw the picture of Tiger and Bridget and thought that was the breeding..

Need to improve my reading comprehension. I almost called about it.

When Tiger was alive I wanted a chocolate out of him. I can't remember why but it never happened.

Never got to see him run trials, but he sure made the NAHRA tests look like a walk in the park. Fine animal.

Thanks, Randy
Well, randy, I have a Tiger grandson named Gavel, so I kind of keep track of Tiger..... his sire was Joe Stambaugh's Raider....since you're an old NAHRA guy... Big, Black, Biddable, and a Beauty! :D

·
Registered
834 Posts
Well, randy, I have a Tiger grandson named Gavel, so I kind of keep track of Tiger..... his sire was Joe Stambaugh's Raider....since you're an old NAHRA guy... Big, Black, Biddable, and a Beauty! :D

He sure did throw his traits, both in marking and looks....

The pics posted on this thread could be mistaken for Tiger himself it's amazing.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Hi Randy,

I saw some of the after posts, but I did not get to see the avatar.

I was on the road for 3 weeks straight and got pretty behind on a lot of stuff...(RTF posts included).

I'm back in the saddle and trying to get dug out.

Chris
You missed out, dangit boy! I bet on a cold snowy day that thing would have a nice drift behind it. POW

Can Randy bring the avatar back pretty please?? :p

·
Registered
39 Posts
I remember both Randy and Gator..... (We had some good times back then didnt we Chris) Glad to hear that you are getting back in the game, as well as Tom.... Good luck to both of you.... 2 of many favorites from the old days.....

·
Registered
834 Posts
Strongline, Please shoot me a PM and Identify yourself. (Chris will like that one.. lol) See my post "Old Friends N Old Dogs" Part of why I'm hanging around here and posting .......Instead of just lurking is to try and locate some old friends and connections. I truly do miss all those good times.

I see you at least spend some time in MI. You may have of been at that test, if not I'm sure you know some of the players.

Thanks, Randy

Chris, is Tom Staz on RTF too??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts