RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
I really like the way it looks. The range is more than adequate for Waterfowl hunting, the waterproof transmitter is an advantage. The size is nice for hunting situations. Looks like a nice collar.

Cray

·
Registered
323 Posts
For those that haven't seen it...here it is.

WetlandHunter? (SD-2000) Coming November 15, 2004
Designed for the Waterfowl hunting environment. Both the Transmitter and Receiver are completely waterproof and submersible. Finished in Realtree? Max4 Camo.
The WetlandHunter? can be expanded to control 2
dogs by adding a SportDOG Brand? Add-A-Dog collar. Stay hidden. Get wet. Work your dog. Bag birds. What else is there?

Receiver and Transmitter are waterproof and submersible
3/4 Mile Range
High output Receiver Collar
Up to 16 levels of Continuous and Momentary (nick) correction
Tone only button
Rechargeable NiMH batteries in both Transmitter and Receiver
Low Battery Detect indicators on both Transmitter and Receiver
40-80 hours 'on time' between charges
Belt Clip
Lanyard
Lifetime Warranty

J

·
0 Posts
Cray,

Are the batteries in the SportDog collars user replaceable or do they need to be sent in for replacement?

Also any ideas on pricing?

Jonathan

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jwinkle,

If for some reason you do have a problem with the battery we do suggest that you send the collar in and let us change out the battery. The reason behind that is we can water test the receiver and make sure that it is put back together properly and there is no water leakage. Then get that sent out to you within 24-48 hours if you send it in to us first.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I saw it a couple of days ago and have started saving up for it! Completely waterproof is a good thing - I'm kinda clumsy!

Any word on the price yet??

Melissa

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hoytman,

The Wetland Hunter has 16 levels on both continous and momentary. Plus a tone only button located on the side of the remote where the antenna comes in to the remote. Now that is for both dogs. I should say 16 levels for each dog. It will have a 2 dog capablity.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So, a two dog collar that has 16 levels of nick and 16 cont. for both dogs. Is this correct? If so, sounds like a heck of a collar.

·
Registered
227 Posts
So, a two dog collar that has 16 levels of nick and cont. for both dogs. Is this correct? If so, sounds like a heck of a collar.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So does any body have an idea on what price range this will be in--I am getting ready to buy one soon but may wait for this to come out.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Rem870Express said:
So does any body have an idea on what price range this will be in--I am getting ready to buy one soon but may wait for this to come out.
Sportdog has not set a price on the units yet. You can count on it being a value tho' not need to take a second mortgage out for it.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts