RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sweet Bride & I went to our friend's Memorial Service today. Beautiful, moving celebration of his life, complete with a DVD, with an instrumental of Amazing Grace in the background, created by his Daughter from photos taken over the last 20-30 years. Needless to say, it was especially meaningful to all the friends that were in the photos.

Next to last photo he was horseback waving and smiling. Last photo, he was riding away. I cried.

Jerry

·
Registered
883 Posts
Know the feeling Jer. Looks like we spend more time going to either memorials or doctors now than we do going to dog events. Sad, Bill
________
Depakote Death

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Jerry,
Hopefully you can find peace in knowing you made his life, and his grandson's life, much better.
Take Care,
Becky

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sounds like it was a wonderful and very moving service Jerry. Pictures say a "thousand" words 8)

·
Registered
987 Posts
What an amazing sounding service

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Jerry said:
Next to last photo he was horseback waving and smiling. Last photo, he was riding away. I cried.

Jerry
Sounds as if your friend Jerry was dearly loved. Nice to go to funerals which celebrate life. Photos "say" so much.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of a dear friend. I think that was a nice tribute to life. I believe he has also entered into eternal life. I love the country song, and video by Brad Paisley, "when I get where I 'm going". it say it all. God Bless, Maria

1 - 8 of 8 Posts