RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I put HID lights in my old Suburban and kept burning the bulbs out until I had the conversion kits installed, my lowbeams were almost as bright as most peoples highbeams...Save yourself some money and get them on eBay as a kit, the install is real easy if you have a power drill, the toughest part may be getting to the lamp itself,especially on the newer cars

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
One major misconception about HID lights in regular headlight housings is that they work just as well as HID's in the newer fancier vehicles that have the eyeball look to them which are actually called projectors. HID's really scatter light in a standard headlight housing meaning you don't get the full benefit of HID's being you have to aim them pretty low so the top of the light beam isn't blinding oncomming traffic. Those projector type headlights are where it's at as it actually cuts the top of the beam flat so you get the center of the projected lights power but it kind of cuts the top half of the light from shining too high. If you compare HID's in a regular headlight housing versus an HID bulb in a projector housing and shine both against a garage door or wall, the projectors look like half circles with the top side being flat so the powerful center is just below the flat top to the light.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already installed halo projection lenses on my truck now I need to get the HID conversions. I am just asking what conversion kit / ballest is the best to buy

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
I have already installed halo projection lenses on my truck now I need to get the HID conversions. I am just asking what conversion kit / ballest is the best to buy
get the newer slim version Xentec, I had the old version and and had a custom shop mount brackets for them but the smaller slimmer version are easier to install

1 - 5 of 5 Posts