RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
with this hot weather I was wondering what you are using to clean and disinfect water containers(pails, jugs, tanks etc.). and not have an affect on the dog.

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
568 Posts
Hydrogen peroxide can be used for disinfecting. More powerful then chlorine and evaporates quicker. I've used it many times for water pumps doesn't harm plastic. Other then just cleaning them out with mild dish soap as needed, I've never had to disinfect buckets.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Ecolab Quat Sanitizer or some other iodine based sanitizer just like we use in the restaurant glass washers....very important to read directions and mix proper amount of water to product

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Ecolab Quat Sanitizer or some other iodine based sanitizer just like we use in the restaurant glass washers....very important to read directions and mix proper amount of water to product

must be a trade secret Bon ;)
I use Steramine Sanitizing Tablets, from the dish station at work.
Well, I carry my water tank into the kitchen and "ask" my dish team
to use steramine tabs :D Same with my on the truck dog dishes.

·
Registered
4,855 Posts
Just use the water they drink from the swamp and don't worry about the container.... LOL...

·
Registered
3,252 Posts
I keep Lysol in the barn, the concentrate kind. Diluted it makes a dandy disinfectant for anything from cuts to water & feed buckets. Only problem is, it's getting hard to find. Luckily our local mom & pop hardware store still carries it.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Somehow I don't see Ken as a Beiber fan. Set up straight Ken.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the info.
mine likes that swamp water too or any mud puddle he can find.
but I want to keep him away from that beiber fever too.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Go to your local home beer brewing supply store, get some Star San or equivilent. Just soak anything you want in the mixture for 30 seconds of contact, done. :) Just a thought, works great on my beer making stuff!

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Ken, I was still in college at Texas A&M in 1960. They didn't allow bell bottoms on the the army uniforms. Only in the navy.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Chlorhexadine works great at different levels of concentration, from cleaning kennel floors to cleaning a dog's teeth. Bleach works really well, as does cavicide (kills EVERYTHING that could occur in a dental office! ). Make sure that any type of cleaner has time to work/set and that you also rinse really well after. Do not think that "if this small amount works, then more is better!" because it isn't!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts