RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one in my last litter that her birth weight was 5.4 ounces. She was only 4 1/2 inches long fronm her nose to the base of her tail. She is doing fine now and weighs about 14 pounds at 11 weeks. This little gal must have left all the silly stuff in the womb as she is NUTS about retrieving.She beat one of my big dogs to a hen duck and sounded like the tasmanian devil refusing to give it up ...........LOL. Now to think of a good name cause she ain't going anywhere but here..:):) Sundown's Teeny Terror.......hummmmmm has a ring to it. Be a Pocket rocket.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have a 37 lb CLF that was that small, she is also nuts about ret. Training was going well until her eye sight started to go at 3:(. The eye vets say nuthing is wrong but she cant pick out a gunner at 75 yds.
Duane

·
Registered
373 Posts
We had one that only weighed 4.5 ounces. Good lord she was tiny. I just knew there would be something wrong with her - she LOOKED premature. Very thin hair, a little abnormally shaped. But, she turned out just fine. Like yours, she was absolutely crazy for retrieving, would whoop any pup in the litter. Outgoing doesn't even begin to cover it. But she was so tiny, no one wanted to buy her. We traded a friend some brick laying work for her. Now, two year later, she weighs 45 pounds and is still a retrieving machine.

I just LOVE the little ones.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a blf that is 51 or 52 lbs soaking wet. I named her Jumpin Bean Sprout. She is a bit older now and EIC affected but in her day and if she didnt wobble she was an absolute rocket ship

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Otey - HRCH Gator Pts. Miracle Ben only weighed 5 ounces at birth. The second day he was on this good earth he realized that he could slip down beneath those 12 to 16 ounce pups and find a full milk jug that was all his. He became a normal size boy and went on attain his title. We kept him because I was afraid that his size might indicate a probllem later on for a buyer. It didn't happen, he lived a long and happy life.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This little gal amazes me more every day. Today when I was out exercising the big dogs she looked up and saw her sire about 150 yards away. ZOOM off she went as fast as she could go .......her angle put her on an intercept with her sire at about 100 yards........she almost kept up with him coming in...she is fast too !!! and she doesn't come up midway his leg.......LOL. Its funny when she was born I did not expect her to make it through the night, she was so tiny. Checked on the pups later and she was nursing with great amount of action with her front legs. ...... all her littermates weighed in the 1 1/2 pound range and she could remove them from their nozzle......tough little gal. She's a keeper !!!:)

·
Registered
612 Posts
My 3 1/2 BLF weighs in at 38 lbs. she picks up all the birds the "big" dogs can't... And no need for those space eating dog ladders. Hence the handle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts