RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Check out the "Top Stud" thread. You will find lots and lots of pages giving good information.

GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
716 Posts
Fen wizard, nick of time lone ranger, and Shaq are a few. Emmitt has only been bred a few times and his pups have never seen competition, so when you ask "what pups are hot" mentioning him would be jumping the gun. Not to say he won't produce, time will tell.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Fargo II is deceased. I do not know of any recent Fargo breedings. You would have to contact Jane Patopea to see if she has sold any straws and to whom she has sold them.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well there have been two Cosmo litters born since February, a Ford litter, a Ford breeding coming up and I know of an Ali breeding with a really nice Chopper bitch that is in the oven now, so they are out there, you just never hear about most of them.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Add to your "hot" puppy sellers pups by Gary Zellner's Pirate and Jim Harvey's Juice. If you are in the market for a pup, contact the owner of the stud dog for upcoming breedings. Same is true of the dam... find one you like and contact the owner for info on when she will be bred and to whom... then get on the waiting list.

Watch for the winner of the upcoming National Amateur. If it is won by a male, he will be the next popular stud dog.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
If you are asking what sires are being bred the most right now, I'd have to say:

Grady
Pirate

Others quality sires that are getting bred:

Willie
Aero
Fen
Merlyn
Juice
Ali
Emmitt
Boo
Pow (as in Powder My Buns)

And the "Old School" breedings that you see every once in awhile:

Ford
Cosmo
Creek Robber
Pow (as in Esprit's Power Play)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I have seen a lot of Pirate pups and they look very good. Grady is top of the list so far with younger pups making the"grade" :). Either one depending on who they were bred to would sell well. If that's what you mean by "hot".

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Fen wizard, nick of time lone ranger, and Shaq are a few. Emmitt has only been bred a few times and his pups have never seen competition, so when you ask "what pups are hot" mentioning him would be jumping the gun. Not to say he won't produce, time will tell.
Hot pups selling vs. hot pups competing. Sire as a National winner may make for hot selling pups, but agree that they are unproven as of yet in competition.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
There is a planned breeding of NFC Two Rivers Wille x World Famous Condoleeza Bites (Leeza) , she is the littermate to FC AFC World Famous Rosa Barks, two are already spoken for, have no idea about the rest

·
Registered
5,878 Posts
i had four hot pups on my truck today! 90 plus degrees in n. alabama!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've had a Grady Pup and a Shaq pup, and they were both very nice. But the Jet pup I have now (FC-AFC Jet Black Bustin Thru The Brush MH) doesn't take a back seat to any of them! I think Jet is going to be a very popular stud for awhile. Just my .02

·
Registered
31 Posts
AFC Windy City's Bent Tail X Jammer's Nickel Pickle*** will happen mid July.

I have had & trained some very nice retrievers over the last 25 years. Along with being a wonderful marker, Pic is absolutely the smartest one I have ever been around. Charlie & Mike are very high on Hook's intelligence also. Hence the reason for the breeding. Gotta believe they will be Hot!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I got a pup out of Emmitt X Jade(HRCH, MH) he seems alright. He's retrieving out to 100 yds at 12 wks. Time will tell...Any one else get a pup out of that litter from RTF???

1 - 20 of 40 Posts