Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Candy Bar

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a "funny"... Got stuck at the airport today. Long story, but computers were down and all heck broke loose. Puppies got bumped to later flight. After I had meticulously managed all the logistics of getting five puppies well worn out, making nice little nests in their crates, filling out all the paperwork ahead of time and being well-prepared... I ended up spending 6.5 hours at the airport with them!

I had not fed them lunch so that they wouldn't have full bellies. But when we got bumped to later flights, they started getting hungry...

I was going to leave, get food and come back, but I was concerned about rush hour traffic.

So I went and looked in the vending machine to get them a snack. What would you pick? I'll let you know what I picked and why in a little bit...

-Kristie

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
None of the choices

I wouldn't give a puppy any of those selections. They all have crap that I wouldn't put into a dog. I would have gone to an airport restaurant and got some burgers.

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Before reading the selection, I was thinking beef jerky or something.

I picked trailmix.

For a one time puppy feeding, I'm thinking anything short of cyanide would be OK.... (OK, maybe that's extreme, but you get the point)

Kristie, did the trail mix have little yogurt balls? Maybe some raisins?

Chris

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Since they require two dishes for food and water, I would have told the Airlines to feed them.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: None of the choices

Doc E said:
I wouldn't give a puppy any of those selections. They all have crap that I wouldn't put into a dog. I would have gone to an airport restaurant and got some burgers.
Would have been nice and my choice also, but I was at AIR CARGO!!! :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wait, let me make a qualifying statement... I do not recommend feeding dogs junk food. And it's not something I would normally do. This day at the airport had a lot more involved than just the little vending machine adventure. Wally can tell you... I should have brought a lazy boy and camped out. Part of it was the one thing I DID forget was the samples of food we normally pack. I had the dog truck, but no food on it. They had a pig ear and rawhide in their crates and they chewed on those a little. But I could tell they wanted food.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I picked Cheetos!!!!! :)

I was worried trail mix might have something odd, like chocolate chips or some funky seeds they might be allergic to.

Anything creamy... Wouldn't do it.

Potato chips, salty and greasy.

Cheetos... Just right! haha... Actually I figured that the cheese would balance out the rest of it and maybe keep their poop as solid as possible. :)

I did my best. LOL

-Kristie

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Patrick Johndrow said:
Hey Chris....I like Cheetos...the little fellas like them too....Gus got a few in Colorado. :)
I guess I should have changed the wording on my post about Cheetos to say,

"I see PJ has voted."

Chris :wink:

·
Registered
932 Posts
I picked Cheetos too......YA GOT A PROBLEM WIT DAT FLATLINER........I mean Flatlander..........................hehehehehe.......Jimmy Hoffa had a problem wit cheetos too if I member right........... :grab:

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm

kristie said:
I picked Cheetos!!!!! :)

1. I was worried trail mix might have something odd, like chocolate chips or some funky seeds they might be allergic to.

2. Potato chips, salty and greasy.

-Kristie
1. Chocolate -- raisins -- both are bad for doggies. Plus HUGE amounts of artificial colors and corn and the list goes on. At least you can brush most of the salt of spud chips.

2. You think spud chips are salty and greasy? Compare labels with Cheetos. Cheetos contain more salt and fat than spud chips.

You still shoulda gone to an airport restaurant (whether you were in cargo or not) and got them some big ol' juicy burgers. :D

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Phone: ring ring

Kristie: Hello

New owner: Something is REEALLY wrong with my puppy!

Kristie: OMG! Whats wrong :cry:

New Owner: Well...um...her poop!...its...its...its FLORESCENT ORANGE!!!! :cry: WHATS WRONG WITH HEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's called "instant blind marker". It's the newest rage!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
kristie said:
...all heck broke loose.
First of all... watch your language on this forum.

Second... i picked Cheetos. Cuz A. They are yummy and licking the gook off your fingers when your done is cool. B. Don't think they would be harmful. C. Orange poop would be funny.

Shayne - would have took them to the airport bar!!!!

·
Administrator
3,826 Posts
Hey Kristie,

Wow, I can't believe you're luck lately!!! How's the new kennel help?

What airline did you use? Every time I have shipped a pup or dog, the airline has REQUIRED me to tape a bag of food to the crate for emergencies. I normally fill a ziplock bag with the puppy food and use strapping tape to keep it on the crate. On one short flight, I was teasing the counter person about having to put water and food in the little dishes and then having the loading person spill the water almost immediately when he picked up the crate :) She told me that some people would also strap a small bottled water on the crate. Then she started telling me the "horror" stories of getting pets at their facility that were suppose to be in completely different cities and how they would end up having to feed and water them while new flights were figured out :( When I asked how often they had problems, her comment was "You don't want to know". Sure didn't make me feel comfortable using their airline :( Luckily, I haven't had any problems with pups I have shipped. Seems like I only have problems with puppies that are coming to me :(

Glad things worked out alright for you.

Vicky

PS Did Buster's owner tell you about his performance at the hunt test last weekend?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Vicky Trainor said:
Hey Kristie,

Wow, I can't believe you're luck lately!!! How's the new kennel help?

What airline did you use? (snip)
PS Did Buster's owner tell you about his performance at the hunt test last weekend?
Delta. And we've never had any problems, exept one delayed connecting flight a couple of years ago (we'll only do direct flights now). Puppy was fine, but had pottied in his kennel.

Hiring a pretty much completely new staff early next week. Seem like a good group. We'll see what happens...

Ryan did tell me about Buster. Buster has come a LONG way and I was really proud to hear how well he did Saturday. Long story about Buster... Ryan was still pleased. When he first got here, he could hardly concentrate enough to do a relatively short mark. Now he's running the longest marks as singles with the big dogs and decent-length multiples with the younger dogs. Occasionally he reverts back to old bad habits and quitting when there's difficulty on a mark. He's not running blinds yet and I was pleasantly surprised that he did sit on the whistle at the test, since he's only in double T right now. I told Ryan that he could attempt to handle him as a salvage if he had to, but that I didn't know how it would turn out... :) I'm still really proud of the both of them, as Buster has come a million miles.

-Kristie

·
Registered
22 Posts
To let people know, Kristie is doing somthing right. my pup from her spent 7 hours in her crate, 1 hour before flight time - 5.5 hour flight - 0.5 hours in Seatlle after arrival. Crate was dry. Took her out of crate, gave water, walked her - she did her business, both numbers. WOW Got home about 10:30 PM. She got us up at 5:30AM to go out, then we figured she was operating on eastern time, hadn't made the transition to west coast time yet. Sure is nice having a puppy again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts