RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been prepping for my new pup for a while now. I've watched, read & studied everything released by Lardy. I'm really fired up about getting the new pup. My question is.... What is the best material out there (book or DVD) to train your conventional duck dog to be a proficient flushing dog. His primary job will be duck hunting & hunt tests. I would also like to be able to use him at local game farms & on out of town hunts for some roosters. For those of you that use your dogs for both like I've described, when do you transition from conventional retriever training to upland style training??? Thanks for all the replies in advance.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Have you read Lardy's RJ article on upland training?

Also, I like the upland retriever DVD by George Hickox (not the puppy one).

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Captain, I've read the Lardy articles titled "Timetable for developing a Super Pheasant Dog". Those are in Volume 2 of his training article collections. I've only been a subscriber to RJ for a few months now so if there are different articles you are referring to, then no I have not read them. I thought that the articles mentioned above where more of an overview of what it would consist of & that he didn't go into a lot of detail like in his other articles pertaining to conventional retriever training.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
The George Hickox DVD will provide the details.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts