RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

So Peyton's normal temperature the past few days has been 100.4-100.8. Last night at 11:00 it was down to 98.1 and has been at 98.6 three checks today. She has gotten restless, panting and started the nesting motions.

I have read and been told once her temperature is below 99 then you have 12-24 hours. I have also heard the same about below 98. Just wondering for those in the know if it should be soon.

I am thinking in the next few hours... or minutes. My experience with litters in the past was before I knew to check the temperature, so we just waited until they started showing up...;)

Thanks in advance,

Mark

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Get ready. Usually within 24 hours but can go longer but she is showing the right signs.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nancy.

I just took her outside and I think it is safe to say that "her water just broke".
Now we are in the whelping box waiting.:p

Mark

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
Thanks Nancy.

I just took her outside and I think it is safe to say that "her water just broke".
Now we are in the whelping box waiting.:p

Mark
Make sure you have a towel and a flashlight ready in case you take her out later

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just goy done following my girl around with flashlight for last 2 nights... very tired

good luck your way !

·
Registered
311 Posts
This is exciting..good luck and keep us updated. Last time my female whelped I was up for 2 days making sure everything goes well.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
4 down so far... Make that 5.:p

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

We ended up with 9 total. 6 males 3 females. The first showed up at 6:07 PM and the last at 11:47 PM. Peyton did great.:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Your momma did great alright! 9 pups in 6 hours. wow-good girl! and done by bedtime. Shes a keeper.:) Beautiful litter!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My female also whelped on 07/06 with 9 puppies. First litter I have ever had when pups were born during the day. (11:34am-4:30pm) Daylight sure makes this process easier!
Congratulations and best of luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts