RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Howard N wrote:

If you like the game and you love to train and you want to keep looking for great dogs then the white coat game is for you. If you don't have the time (I honestly think this should include EVERYONE with young children) or the big $$ then hunt tests are a good option. Training a MH isn't chopped liver.
Howard-
How is this for naieve? I'm not sure I'll ever try field trials, but I will run Master with the next dog. I will have tons of time to train the next dog & the folks I've met with my first dog give me tons of folks to train with the next time around & I'm hoping to take "training vacations" south in the winter. My question is where does the big $$ come into play? Is it more expensive than running hunt tests every weekend?

M

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Reline-
Thanks. What I'm hearing though is that the extra expense comes from sending your dog to a pro? Is that right?
M

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
If you are training with the idea of running both hunt tests & field trials-is there ever an issue with the whole "white coat" factor-i.e. a dog who becomes dependent on being able to pick out his gun stations from the line or do you "mix it up" w/ hidden guns?

M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.