RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made a hard braking stop today and a box of primers came hurtling out from somewhere and settled underneath my gas pedal. Oh, joy. At least the wingers on top of the dog crates didn't hit me in the head again.

My husband calls my vehicle: Dog Grunge Planet.

Is there no end to the "stuff" needed to train a retriever?

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
Made a hard braking stop today and a box of primers came hurtling out from somewhere and settled underneath my gas pedal. Oh, joy. At least the wingers on top of the dog crates didn't hit me in the head again.

No. Nor is there an end to properly housing it.

Reactions: J. Marti

·
Registered
8,665 Posts

I’m going to slam on brakes next time I’m out in my truck. Maybe, finally, I can come up with some damn primers!!!

·
Registered
12,902 Posts
It's funny,
To respond to the question in your title, No.
And over the years I have purchased truck loads of gear. But thinking about what i actually use.
An E-Collar
Heeling stick
Chunk of rope
Couple whistles
Couple holding blinds
Ducks
Couple duck tossing apparatuses
Couple buckets 2 inch bumpers for the yard.

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
Flyfisherman are the worse !
The number of them that believe you need a 1000 dollar fly rod to catch a fish! They own 350.00 dollar waders! Tools to tie exotic knots, along with the dictionary thick instruction manual illustrating each knot..
I still own and often times fish a 9.00 dollar Fiberglas rod. I wet wade and sport my bony knees, but do enjoy the luxury of smell pair of tennis shoes a footwear.
I drive a 20 year old truck whose 8 cylinder engine has adapted to run on three…. I stuff my dog in a plastic crate, and use a basketball whistle to control her..
I can’t afford gasoline, but the three cylinders of my truck slurps my wife’s concoction of “Pickle Juice” she cans her toxic dill pickles with.

I tend to hang with hunters that only have worn tattered clothing. None of this latest Camo pattern BS!! They shoot Wingmasterz, for bird guns, and lowly Savage rifles.

still able to get to my hunting grounds where parking lots are full of 80,000 dollar trucks. I shoot AT my fair share of game with reloads loaded decades ago, and sealed with candel wax!

simple life regards…

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
My table saw isn’t a 3500 dollar SawStop saw! It’s a Vintage Delta purchased at a garage sale, dis assembled, rusted, stored in a bunch of cardboard boxes… 50.00 bucks… I restored it to like new condition… The saw I use to make the woodwork I post occasionally… my hand planes are all over 80 years old. Most found at garage sales, some inherited from my Dad!! I own Two if his DeWalt Radial arm saws, that Carpenters now a days are terrified to use.. They claim only good for removal of fingers or in the case of the heavy duty models, an arm or two… Beautiful old school,cast Iron American made tools!

·
Registered
9,483 Posts
250,000 miles on truck! Limpin along
I have all my fingers and toes (no teeth though)
Master Hunter ,appropriately named Flinch
A little bit of grip and grin fishin photos
A few picks of bird piles
Most important though, God takes care of me, and I live on the doorsteps of heaven, with my wife of 28 years, goin on 400! :)
Blessed!

·
Registered
10,004 Posts

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
Gooser,
The gun is?

·
Registered
10,004 Posts
Winchester 1890 .22 LONG RIFLE (rare)
The things that gun has seen and done..
I would imagine if one frequented the farm estate sales they would be fairly common.
Saw a lot of them growing up. Vermin killer. Back in the days when all pickups had a
gun rack at school & no one thought anything of it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts