RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Where does your dog ride?

• Crate - all the time.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crate - most of the time - in the cab on occasion

• In the cab mostly - I crate him when needed.

• Always in the cab with me.

• Other - explain?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does your dog ride?

There is post about safety in cars so I thought I would take a poll.

My dog rides in a crate 100% of the time. I pretty much hang my hat on the safety issue for the reason, but it could be it isn?t worth the effort to train the maniac to relax in the cab so a crate is just as easy a solution.

Joe Miano

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I have used the crate except on the occasional puppy trip, pup in someone's arms. Our new pup has been riding in the cab more than others mainly because I'm trying to socialize the heck out of her, and she is very laid back. I'm sure though, that as she gets older, she will be in a crate more and more(actually the new aluminum box I'm having installed on Fri!)
I cringe every time I see a retriever riding, open, in the bed of a pickup! :evil:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I put mine in a crate all of the time, mainly for her safety but also for mine. I don't want her to decide she wants to lick my face or something that could cause me have an accident or something.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I experience road rage everytime I see a dog running around in the bed of a pickup!! :x :x

The safest place for my dogs to be is in their crates in the back of the truck. :)

3DK

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
My dogs are crated 99% of the time,every once in a while I'll take one for a ride up front to get an ice cream. Jim

·
Registered
17,000 Posts
crate

I refuse to ride in a crate. If I'm not driving then I ride in the passenger seat in the lounging position with my seatbelt on!

T

·
0 Posts
If I am going down the road anywhere, the dog is in the crate. But if it's raining or snowing and I got to go get the mail down the 1/4 mile drive, front seat works fine.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
If i'm going to train, he always rides in the kennel. BUT, every now and then - like Yankee - i load em up in the cab and we go cruise around. Talk about a chick magnet!!!

Shayne

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I passed a fellow getting off the interstate yesterday evening and he was driving a baby blue metallic Ferrari convertible (YUK - it was ugly) - now a RED Ferrari convertible with a black dog and a blond female - that's more like it :D

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I know she's safest in the crate, but Kate is only crated when she's waiting to train/run. She always rides shotgun. No matter how far I drive to a test (& we've made some road trips!) that's her seat.

M

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Ed Aycock said:
I passed a fellow getting off the interstate yesterday evening and he was driving a baby blue metallic Ferrari convertible (YUK - it was ugly) - now a RED Ferrari convertible with a black dog and a blond female - that's more like it :D
I like the way you think.

Shayne - Marking down one GDG point for Ed.

Scores:
Ed - 5
LisaDee - 10
Jerry - Hunnerd
Shayne - All other threads in the history of RTF

·
Registered
261 Posts
He will be in the crate from now on. I thought it would be alright to ride short distances with him in the car and found out the hard way!! You never think anything is going to happen until it does!

I don't drive a red Ferrari convertable but it is a blue Camaro T-top (that I have off most of the time) a black dog and dark blond hair so I thought it was kind of cool... :roll:

·
Registered
146 Posts
most all the time in a crate in the back of the truck under a camper shell..but at times I let her ride in the back seat of the super crew with the seat folded down flat..

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
They always ride in a crate in my Jeep. They love their crates and never have even attempted to get in a passenger seat!

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dogs in the crates.
Torpey the Terrier has his own bedroom and queen size bed.
You aren't going to put him in the back with dogs.
For this reason Teresap has banned him from the new car.

He will have to share his bed with Aussie this weekend.

Waynep.

·
Registered
9 Posts
They ride in their crates in the back of my Bronco when going out training or hunting.But like wise I will let them ride in the back on short play trips to the lake or park. Now's where's the blond with the black dog in the Ferrari? :twisted: :shock:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Damn, Donna rides around in a Camaro, blonde, with a black dog, and her top off. I think that's REALLY kewl.

Might have another opening in "my wimmen".

Jerry

·
Registered
79 Posts
Which way did that camaro go? I`v loaded up my truuuck and headed your way. And yes, I did say my truck (flatbed with Gator (my big labrador gun dog) ). He loves the wind in his face and the bugs on his teeth! After all I`m just this-heer farmer from colo. ps. my other dogs ride in the trailer or in the pass. seat. :roll: BWB

L

·
0 Posts
Because I insist (learned the hard way) that all sentient beings in the vehicle are safely secured as best as possible' I usually carry my dog in a properly-sized box, well-anchored, in the truck bed.
But when the temperature and humidity are pushing 100, I like him riding in the back of the air-conditioned cab. He likes to sit with his butt on the bench seat, his front paws planted on the floor board, and his chin resting on the console. That way he gets the full A/C blast in his face, and I can pet his sweet head as I cruise down the road listening to coonass music on the communist Pacific radio station.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts