Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From some of the posts on the EIC thread, it makes me wonder. Which is more prevalent in our dogs, EIC or CNM?

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not enough votes to be very meaningful. Anybody else?

·
Registered
33 Posts
EIC? CNM ? What are you talking about? You guys and your abbreviations.(thank God for spell check)..... :D :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
"Neither (Thank Heaven!)" wasn't an option, but it would give an idea of actual prevalence among voters. I've also been fortunate enough not to have had close friends or fellow club members have dogs with either disease.

·
Registered
9,885 Posts
I have had both over the years, none recently, my observation is that EIC is much more prevalent than CNM has ever been

·
Registered
7,767 Posts
Before we had the test, many long time breeders were "careful" with lines that had been known to produce Myopathy, and they avoided linebreeding on them. Now we can know for sure instead of speculating and avoiding. Until we have a test for EIC, the same (caution) should hold true on linebreeding. EIC may be more prevalent with the use of AI with extended and frozen semen, thus the availability of top studs is extended to the smaller breeder, and breeding on paper is being done more without adequate research. I've never seen either and know of only one person that has had EIC.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I didn't vote, I've never seen either one. People up here have had both but I've never seen the affected dogs have an episode.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts