RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some protection for my dog. I found a few ticks on another dog last summer and thought I better start using something. Which product of all the ones out there do you guys use the most or recommend

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've had good luck so far with Vectra 3d, although some have had problems with it. Mushroom hiring this time of year I pick all kinds off of me daily but rarely if ever off of junior

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Our Vet swears by vectra 3d. He said frontline used to be good but it has turned into junk and is expensive.
Vectra is very good.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Advantix has worked really well for me and where I train the ticks are pretty aggressive. I don't think I picked more than a couple ticks off the two dogs all last year and that's being on the grounds at least 4 or 5 nights a week. For 6 applications and about $60, it seems to be worth it to me.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
Vectra 3D here. It seems to repel ticks better than any of the others I've used, rather than just kill them once they latch on.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I recently purchased a three month supply of Certifect which the ticks pick up the chemical from the dogs hair killing them before they bite. $19/dose though

·
Registered
695 Posts
K9 Advantix II is what I use. Been happy with it. It repels and kills fleas, ticks and mesquitos. The later being a big issue where I am. I like the fact that it repels prior to biting.

Janet

·
Registered
7,424 Posts
Walmart brand, Pet Armour. A Frontline knockoff. I have not had any ticks this year and we have been working in very tall grass.
I tried Vectra and returned it and got my money back. It didn't seem to work on my dogs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts