RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Dogtra collars for years. I'm now looking at the Tri-Tronics pro series. Which do you prefer, the 100, 200 or 500 and why? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Pro 500 first choice
Flyway/Pro 200 is my second choice.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Pro 500 hands down. The most adaptable collar on sale anywhere.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Pro 500, totally versitile and idiot proof. ;-)

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Did Tritronics discontiue the influential club discounts?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I used my influential club membership last week. Still in place, and you can get a Garmin product discount now instead of one of the Tri Tronics products if you wish.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
I logged on to the Influential website and they used to show the discounts. I couldn't find them. Maybe I missed them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've used the Pro 100 forever. The 200 doesn't fit the way I train - don't have much use for momentary stim.

100 and 500 are top flight systems. I still have two old 100s that still work fine, and I've updated only because the G series is a smaller transmitter and can control multiple collars.

The only difference you get with the 500 vs the 100, is the 500 will operate multiple collars, and other remote recievers - like wingers if you have TT recievers. I have Innotek receivers on my launchers with a separate multi-station transmitter, so for me there's no practical need to pay the difference for the 500 collar.

Just think!... the difference in price will buy me a whole tank of diesel for my truck! OUch......hurts to think of it that way.

Jeff

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Pro 500 will operate a TT 150 release? Instead of using the pro contol transmitter?

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
I have both and I never thought the difference between the flyway and the five hundred was worth the difference in the $$$$

john

·
Registered
2,335 Posts

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Labaddiction,

Maybe you should outline your goals. If you are going to be a seasonal duck hunter for a few weekends per year then the sport model may be for you.

But if you are going to get serious about training and run hunt tests, etc, then one of the more advanced models would be best. I would highly recommend the Flyway model. The Flyway has hunting colors for straps and matte finish buckles.

·
Registered
19 Posts
100 has 16 levels cont. and 6 momentary. i just got a 100 myself. the 200 is the opposite and the 500 has 16 levels for both. i really like the 100 cause of the price. i think you can get a reman for around 345 or so, new around 447 and the 500 is like 505 or so.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mr. Wayne thanks for your advice. I've come to a conclusion that I will think back to this past year and focus on her main problems. She is a high energy dog and knows alot just don't have much control over her. I would like to send you a private message but I don't have enough post yet. My email is [email protected] if you could send me an email so I could get your email I have a few questions for you. Thanks in advance Donnie

1 - 19 of 19 Posts