RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year we have a new batch of Canada Geese (goose puppies). Usually about 20-30 survive to become adults. Typically, mom and dad stay with the "puppies" until they are ready to fly. This year they have apparently hired a nanny to oversee their kids. This white goose takes care of 10 of these baby geese. Anyone ever see this before?

Bird Vertebrate Duck Water bird Ducks, geese and swans

Grass Bird Water bird Tree Duck

·
Registered
278 Posts
Looks like an illegal. I'd check it's green card.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Why that's Mother Goose, is it not? As opposed to Moose Gooser?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Several years ago I jumped a flock of Canada's and in the group were 2 white ones. I shot one and thought I shouldn't have so I called F&G and told them I shot an albino Canada Goose and was it OK. Thier reply was yes its ok and for your info there is 1 albino in every 10000 geese hatched. This one has a 1 1/2 black spot on his rump and the inside of its wings are grey but the rest is all white
Clay.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Several years ago I jumped a flock of Canada's and in the group were 2 white ones. I shot one and thought I shouldn't have so I called F&G and told them I shot an albino Canada Goose and was it OK. Thier reply was yes its ok and for your info there is 1 albino in every 10000 geese hatched. This one has a 1 1/2 black spot on his rump and the inside of its wings are grey but the rest is all white
Clay.
Looks like a barnyard goose to me.

We also have a white Mallard that shows up from time to time. Don't know whats up with that either.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Does an Albino goose have an orange bill?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Does an Albino goose have an orange bill?
I didn't open the thumbnails to see the orange bill and posted because several here have never seen an albino canada goose or even heard of one.
Clay

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That bird has too much pigment to be an albino. It's a farm goose. Different species entirely.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
its a token ****** or honker...there is always some white guy that dares to move into the hood with the dark geese , maybe his mother was a blue goose that crossed with a snow goose and was shunned in his hood and became a social outcast:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
That's not an albino goose... a plain ol' barnyard goose that decided to keep company with its wild cousins.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That's not an albino goose... a plain ol' barnyard goose that decided to keep company with its wild cousins.
Agree, someone was tired of their pet goose and found a lake to turn it loose at.

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 20 Posts