RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
501 - 520 of 549 Posts

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
Actually, it's quite simple;

If the dog will not seat on a duck, the dog obviously does not have enough bottom. Otey's dog should have no problem!-Paul

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Bump.
Slow time of year, thought it might be time to revisit this burning question. ;-)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well, Monday night after a stellar swim by session I let Toby play in the pond while I went to the car to get the BC out of the car. When I turned back around he was running towards me with a live white duck in his mouth. I asked him to drop the duck, which he did, and then the duck just sat there. When I went back to the car to get a chair to seat the duck, the duck got up and waddled away. So my first attempt to seat on a duck was unsuccessful.

·
Registered
5,522 Posts
It is widely known that it is more difficult to get a stylish dog to seat on a duck! Them there are some SPECIAL dogs......-Paul ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love it the thread that never ends!

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Aflack......

·
Registered
296 Posts
Bump.
Slow time of year, thought it might be time to revisit this burning question. ;-)
Slow time of year? It's the middle of testing season. The bass are in the pond laughing at me for not hitting the water. I don't even want to think about the turkeys that I didn't get to chase think of me right now.

Nonetheless, I am very thankful to see this thread back up again!

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
Slow time of year? It's the middle of testing season. The bass are in the pond laughing at me for not hitting the water. I don't even want to think about the turkeys that I didn't get to chase think of me right now.

Nonetheless, I am very thankful to see this thread back up again!
Slow for hunters, perhaps not for gamers though.

·
Registered
892 Posts
We are well past seating on a duck, and now sit on cats. (When she starts playing a little rough with the cats, we just give her a sit command. She tries her best to sit on the cats.)

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
It is widely known that it is more difficult to get a stylish dog to seat on a duck! Them there are some SPECIAL dogs......-Paul ;)

Its not fair to set something up that punishes a fast dog!

Dont ask me how I know!

·
Registered
252 Posts
In my first time on the RTF in a long time....it is good to see some things are still the same!

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
I believe this is the first time I've ever peeked into this thread, despite the number if times it has hit the front page. One day I will have to go on over to page 1 and see what the original poster put up to start this monstrosity!

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
I believe this is the first time I've ever peeked into this thread, despite the number if times it has hit the front page. One day I will have to go on over to page 1 and see what the original poster put up to start this monstrosity!
Only a click away - the whole thread is a worthy read - like watching Seinfeld ;-).

·
Registered
7,490 Posts
Poor guy. After almost ten years can't live this down. I hope he/she has taken some spelling and grammar lessons.

I didn't read all 50 pages but it was funny.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I really do not know what to think of this board! Chances are that Mr, Chris Comier is from Louisiana with a last name like that and if it had been me making al l of these outragious post, I would be VERY nervious. I know some of these Cajuns are quite proficient with Voodoo and there might be a whole bunch of dolls twisted into grotesque shapes lined up along the bayou.

My wife is 1/2 Irish, 1/2 German, and1/2 Cajun. She was a Fauret, pronounced Forey (for the uneducated among you) before we were married and I have been terrified ever sense.

If some strange things start happening to some of you, don't say i didn't warn you.

Mr. Cormier, You go right ahead and pass a good time, and say hello to yo Momma an em. Bill
________
COLORADO MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES
So Bill, do you have 11/2 wives? Hope she doesn't seat on ya!:D

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
So Bill, do you have 11/2 wives? Hope she doesn't seat on ya!:D
Ummmmmmmmm............................. Might want to do a search on Miss Cleo.

She would get a giggle out of this regards

Bubba

·
Registered
100 Posts
The original post is from 2005, making the subject dog now 10 years and 9 mouths old. He's gone from a young pup to a senior dog during the lifespan of this thread. I think it's time for "WILL NOT SEAT ON A DUCK - EPILOGUE"!!! I want answers to questions like:
1. Did the dog ever learn to seat on a duck? Did he respond differently to divers vs. poodle ducks?
2. Was the dog able to run 2 consecutive series of quads without delivering, and STILL have one mouth empty?
3. What titles did the dog earn? FCC? ACC? ADD?
4. Did the original poster ever fix that broken ALL CAPS key on his keyboard?
5. Did her ever return to this (or any) forum after seeing the kind of responses he got?

Inquiring minds want to know!

501 - 520 of 549 Posts