RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

521 - 540 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have been away from RTF for about a year due to a variety of issues and I can't believe this post is still on the opening page!!!

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
The original post is from 2005, making the subject dog now 10 years and 9 mouths old. He's gone from a young pup to a senior dog during the lifespan of this thread. I think it's time for "WILL NOT SEAT ON A DUCK - EPILOGUE"!!! I want answers to questions like:
1. Did the dog ever learn to seat on a duck? Did he respond differently to divers vs. poodle ducks?
2. Was the dog able to run 2 consecutive series of quads without delivering, and STILL have one mouth empty?
3. What titles did the dog earn? FCC? ACC? ADD?
4. Did the original poster ever fix that broken ALL CAPS key on his keyboard?
5. Did her ever return to this (or any) forum after seeing the kind of responses he got?

Inquiring minds want to know!
I'm not much of a hunter, but if I ever bag a poodle duck, it's going straight to the taxidermist. ;)

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Hahaha...I loved this thread from so many years ago. This is classic RTF.

But i have a serious question...I would really like to know if Hillmann or Akin or Lardy finally got around to producing an instructional dvd that covers this training. :)

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
What I would really like to know is if anybody ever figured out what the heck that OP was actually talking about.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I only read the first few pages of this post but I was laughing my Ars off. This is some of the funniest stuff I've seen on the Forum:p:D:p

·
Registered
892 Posts
I still have not tried to get my latest dog (about 1.5 years old) to seat on a duck. I can see the advantages though when it is 9 degrees out. Has anyone completed the seat on a duck training, and found any advantages?

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I've heard the only way to accomplish it is through positive only training. Get yourself a clicker and about 50 pounds of dog treats and you should be set to get started

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Hands down, positive trained, silver pointing labs figure this out the quickest....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just when you think it's safe to come out of the bunker.................................

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Best thread ever. Still brings tears to my eyes...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Ah the good old days. Another good one has something to do with a wench or wrench. Do a search.
Hey Chuck didn't know you were around way back when. You have me beat by 5 months.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Now get it correct team I had a regular wrench. I needed a large one for the rifle I traded maple syrup for with an RTF member. Primitive spell word whatever left out the "r" so at a glance it appeared I was seeking a large nipple wench. And then "poof" the hoards expounded.

521 - 540 of 543 Posts