RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Which of the possible window decals do you prefer A, B, or C?

• A

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • B

Votes: 40 95.2%
  • C

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Our Land Conservation guys at work are doing a educational program on stopping the spread of invasive species and would like our opinion...

1. Which of the possible window decals above do you prefer A, B, or C? (Poll Above)

2. Would you put one of these on your truck, trailer, or boat if they were available?

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
The sticker is too vague, although could be a conversation starter I suppose.

·
Registered
592 Posts
How about a boat trailer with weeds hanging off of it. I dont care for any of those, sorry

·
Registered
834 Posts
No I would not put them on my truck. First impression is it's to stop hunting or something. Image doesn't match the message. Ones I've seen here in TX are the red circle with the line through it type image.
X2 Need a different design. leave out the "hunter"

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
I agree with the others the message doesn't fit the pic, it just doesn't make sense to me.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I agree with the others. The graphic does not fit the message.

One suggestion is to have the graphic of a boat at a launch with the water draining out and the boater picking off some snail - or some such graphic.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Makes me think the hitchhikers are on the ducks, and by shooting them it will stop the spread. At first glance it's the wrong message..
LOL, that's exactly what I thought too.

I can't remember what the signs look like at boat landings around here. I know there are the usual warning symbols, plus graphics of the problem hitchhikers like zebra mussels. I do think there's a boat on a trailer graphic of some sort.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I agree with the others, I didn't get the message when I looked at the ones proposed.

Most that I have seen are a red stop sign with either a boat on a ramp or a picture of the offending species.

·
Registered
311 Posts
We have that sign here at my lake, shows picture of a truck pulling a boat out of the boat ramp.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The visual seems to miss the point, unless you already know what the point is.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Makes me think the hitchhikers are on the ducks, and by shooting them it will stop the spread. At first glance it's the wrong message..
Makes me think that duck hunters and dogs are causing the problem.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
When i opened this thread and saw the images I thought for sure it had something against hunting. The image seems to send the wrong first impression message.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
When i opened this thread and saw the images I thought for sure it had something against hunting. The image seems to send the wrong first impression message.
My thoughts also.

·
Registered
580 Posts
none of these signs give me the intent of what you're trying to accomplish.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts