RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy soon soon so, zinger Wingers or gunners up? In your opinion Which is best and why ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I own both I like both. They have there own ups and downs. The zinger is easier to load with its release mechanism but seems I have had more problems with hem breaking. I had one about take my finger off the other day. If I had a choice I'd prob stick with gunners up easier to work on to me. That's my opinion

·
Registered
306 Posts
I prefer Gunners Up also! I have two SOGS, been flawless and I like the fact that you can only use 209's . The Z Wingers have holes for three charge sizes if remember, and if you have a younger person and they put one in the wrong hole...no bang! Plus Gunners up have a safety latch.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I've used both and when I bought I bought Gunners Up. The release on the Zinger kinda scared me, other than that they are almost the same in my opinion.

Plus the guy who owns GU is a standup guy.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Quality of parts on the gu are severely lacking. Release mechanism isn't scary it's 1000x better than the gu. If you gave me a gu right now it would be in the classified section before I got home.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
If you have not already, take a look at the Train-Rite product. They do cost more but the throws are better and the release mechanism much more robust and reliable. It has the advantage over both the GU and Zinger in that it can easily and safely be launched manually.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
This topic was discussed recently and became a bit too "contentious" in my opinion. It was more of an "I am absolutely right and you are totally wrong" discussion.
It becomes a bit beyond reality when another believes they are "the final word". To be blunt B.S.

I've been training all winter with three Gunners Up Wingers with no issues and absolutely enjoying how well they work. Maybe, it is because I am old an not nearly as
helpless.

This link came to mind........don't know why. :)

Pay NO Attention (link)

·
Registered
366 Posts
I had the same question last year and ultimately chose the Zinger Winger. I have two ZW Minis and will add a third soon. I like the size, weight, ease of setup, the distance of the throws, multiple shot options, and Dogtra electronics. No issues with them. Really don't think you can go wrong with either brand.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have both and BOTH are very good. Sturdy and throw nearly the same. I am a short woman and find the Zinger Winger easier to carry so I use them more often. Now, if I was only taller.... I like supporting the GU business as he is a good guy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I clicked on the link above and bought a sog. Love it...so do my dogs.
Easy to haul around. I bought the Dogtra remote and release. Shipped to me ready to go no assembly required

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Personally I like both, if you were to take two and just make one. I have found that the GU winger release is safer than the ZW, but the overall quality of the ZW is good. I just find that in the GU wingers bolts loosen off, hinges get weak/fail/bend . All things the same I'd buy ZW and just be sure not to adjust a ZW wine loaded.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
I had a Gunners up SOG's and it seemed I was always losing parts off em at the worst times. I ended up getting some H frames built and put Train-Rite releases on em. Never looked back.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I purchased the zinger Winger G2s because they fit width wise in my pickup behind my dog box. The published information claims they throw a little longer than the comparable sized Gunners Up. I have been very happy with them and the Dogtra electronics.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have both and BOTH are very good. Sturdy and throw nearly the same. I am a short woman and find the Zinger Winger easier to carry so I use them more often. Now, if I was only taller.... I like supporting the GU business as he is a good guy.

The dude in Toronto is also a great guy. I have been dealing with Rob Sampson for 15 years and he's the best. I have only owned ZW but have used both, while some say the releases are safer on SOG, I believe they slow down an experienced hand that can get it done quicker w the ZW.... Both are good products JMO:p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts