RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen some pictures of dogs getting rubbed raw from wearing a neoprene dog vest. I'm hunting this winter and will need one for my dog. Can I get some recommendations? Do they make them in white?

·
Registered
107 Posts
They do make them in white, for camo I like the Avery boater vest. I have never seen a dog get rubbed raw from a vest, the important thing is to trim the vest in places to get the optimal fit for your dog.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Avery---tried several. Worth getting the one with handles (slits to haul your dawg aboard a boat) even if you don't have a boat. very handy. Good luck, keep your dog up and out of the water despite the vest.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also recommend the Avery Boaters Parka. My MBL wears it from Oct 1st thru the end of NOV and I have never had an issue with rubbing, but I did trim it when I bought it. The handles for picking him up into a boat are perfect.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have the Drake waterfowl boating vest and after trimming it now it fits him like a glove! My CLM loves to wear it now! Get to try it this year for the first time! Very excited!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts