RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If someone could put a few updates from the derby as it goes on it would be much appreciated. thanks, Dave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sorry for a lack of specifics but only one dog dropped from the first series. I had to head out midway through the second series.
Kevin

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wisconsin Amateur DERBY results:
1. Bucky #2 owner Nan Hegerty handled by Van Engen
2. Marty #1 " Hal Gierman handled by Mark
3. Drake # 11 Ray Voight
4. Mully #7 owned and handled by Tom Kobach
RJ #9
JAMS ?

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wisconsin Amateur DERBY results:
1. Bucky #2 owner Nan Hegerty handled by Van Engen
2. Marty #1 " Hal Gierman handled by Mark
3. Drake # 11 Ray Voight
4. Mully #7 owned and handled by Tom Kobach
RJ #9
JAMS ?

Thank you for posting these results. Huge congratulations to my friend Nan and her wonderful Bucky and to Jim Van Engen. This is Bucky's 2nd Derby win!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Any more news?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Qualifying started with a triple with 1st bird retired and out of order flier in the rain and east wind at their backs. Temps in the 30s. Many pick ups and handles. Dogs had great difficulty finding the flier under the conditions and drove on through and up the ridge (esker) and an around. Invitation blind behind the retired hay bale. Water blind and marks on Sunday off the trial grounds at another property. No calls backs. Sorry. I left for home and warmth.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I can second Cine's post as I shot for the Q all day. Forty degrees and windy.
Dogs that marked the flyer did well. Dogs that went to where the flyer was "supposed" to be got into all kinds of trouble.
Approx. six of the 28 dogs did the test without a handle.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
14 back for the qual, a generous callback. I headed for home too and a fireplace and just heard the number. If it hit 40 it felt like 25 with the wind all day.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Any results?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Congratulations Ken Challand and Beadle's Turbo Nina on your OPEN WIN! Also a big congrats to John Ketzner from Windwalker Gun Dogs for doing Nina's young dog training. John took Nina as a 7 week old puppy, he loved her, trained her and all around let her be his little dog. When Nina turned of age, John handed her over to Wayne Curtis. Wayne won a qualifying with Nina 3 weeks later and now they can check off the elusive open win. Good job Wayne.

It's pretty neat that Kuna has produced as well as she has and she is currently bred to the brother of the potential 2012 high point amateur dog.

Good going guys and Nina!

Mike

·
Registered
191 Posts

Rita (left), Libby (right), & Bay Blue Kennels would like to Congratulate littermate Calumet's Absolute Martini "Marty" for placing 2nd in the derby & owners Sharon & Hal Gierman!!! Marty is only 12 months old :) this breeding was repeated & currently listed on RTF. These pups have talent.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
"This weekend Warren (Exo) and Sophie WON the Amateur at the Wisconsin Amateur trial. This gives her her title for AFC. They are a great team and I am going to send a picture into field trial news that leads with:

Warren and Sophie, with a combined age of 90, won the Amateur at the Wisconsin Amateur Field Trial spring trial…….."

Email from Susan Exo to Kathy Swab of Crosswinds Kennel that bred FC/AFC Sophie.

Huge congrats to Warren on a great team for sure!

·
Registered
494 Posts
"This weekend Warren (Exo) and Sophie WON the Amateur at the Wisconsin Amateur trial. This gives her her title for AFC. They are a great team and I am going to send a picture into field trial news that leads with:

Warren and Sophie, with a combined age of 90, won the Amateur at the Wisconsin Amateur Field Trial spring trial…….."

Email from Susan Exo to Kathy Swab of Crosswinds Kennel that bred FC/AFC Sophie.

Huge congrats to Warren on a great team for sure!
I will second that!

Warren and Susan are both wonderful people! I wish this sport had more just like the both of them!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Congratulations Warren and Sophie on your AM win and her Title!
Also Team Fox Hollow with 4 Open wins this spring, what a start!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts