RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Bogus info. Someone with an agenda or something "better" to sell.
I did not look at it in depth but saw enough to know it is some of the same myths put out by others trying to put down quality food and sell their own book or product.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
NateB said:
Bogus info. Someone with an agenda or something "better" to sell.
I did not look at it in depth but saw enough to know it is some of the same myths put out by others trying to put down quality food and sell their own book or product.
I've seen the site before. I don't believe thay're attempting to sell anything, including any food, books, etc.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I am not sure what they are about. I would take it all with a grain of salt. There is no listing of ownership, who did the analysis, how the analysis was done, or what qualifies them to be experts in this field.
While they may not be selling anything on this web site it is obvious they are whole food oriented and would prefer you feed a natural or organic diet. While not actually selling anything they do seem to feature their 6 star premium foods on other pages (Orijen, Canidae, Timberwolf Organics…). Interestingly Pro Plan is listed on this site as a one star dry food. Think how great our field dogs would be if they ate the 6 star foods with ingredients like meat, apples, carrots, sunflower oil, and dried chicory root.
I would not go so far as calling it bogus, but I would agree with someone having an agenda of some sort. If they did not have an agenda they would be very public about WHO THEY ARE and not cloaked in anonymity.

·
Registered
7,767 Posts
Most popular food Orijen?? Maybe Orijen, whomever they are, made the site. I haven't even seen them at the big trade shows.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found this site this weekend and also was concerned about any agenda they might have since they don't state their qualifications to be reviewing food. Putting that aside, I did find it very helpful simply because each food's ingredients were plainly listed letting me draw my own conclusions. Last week I took one of my dogs in because I was losing the battle with stinky yeasty ears and my Vet suggested a food change. I wanted to find out about it before I plunked down the $$$ and after looking at the ingredients decided to try something else that I think will be a better choice. The food that I chose uses all US ingredients and is packaged in the US and with the recent recalls that was important to me. I'm not naive enough to think that removes all risk of contaminated food but hope it at least lessens the risk.
Carole

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
The conclusions are based on subjective opinions about ingredients and formulas, and are not scientific.

In the end, like all things found on the Internet, they need to be consumed with a healthy amount of scepticism. This includes my opinion, because it too is found on the Internet. :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts