RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
threads about puppies, I could not resist adding another.

It's been almost twelve years since I sent in a deposit. This spring, I "noticed" my youngest Lab is nearly nine.

After pouring over the RFT Classifieds, searching regularly the Entry Express litters/performance records, "wearing out" the link to Hunting Labrador Pedigrees and finally making a few calls, a selection was made.

Her deposit was mailed just a few days before whelping last week. To say "I am excited!" is an understatement.

Pedigree (link)

P.S. I won't be starting a puppy naming thread. Her name kind of "dates me".

Kwick Stand Back Stevie Nicks.....call name "Stevie"

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congratulations on the new pup. I to have recently sent off a deposit on a pup and am anxiously waiting for July 19 to come around.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
nice! had to look pretty hard to see a dog on that pedigree without a title. I think you might be ok with that one.:) Congrats!!

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Congrats Jim,,, How exciting!!!

Gooser

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hope your pup is evrything you're hoping for and especially healthy. Now you can sit back and root for her Daddy at the National Am next week!
He came pretty darn close last year. Good luck with her!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have a male pup out of Captain Morgan. He is an excellent dog, very quick to pick up on what you ask him in training. I'm sure you talked to Bill with Blindfaith before you made your choice, if you didn't I would do so.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
You mentioned in the original post you inquired and researched a few litters. If I can ask, what was the deciding factor for this one.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Congrats Enjoy!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Tried to PM but your box is full. I was trying to point out a fine dog in the breeding. Morgan is QAA and qualified for the national AM a couple of years back. Something you won't see in the pedigree. I don't think Bill ran him due to expenses. My pup out of Morgan is a good marker, learns fast, and is a little sensitive to correction, but that could come from his mom. http://www.blindfaithretrievers.com/ If you would like to check out Morgan.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Actually, there were three things. First, I was impressed with the performance pedigree which included familiar dogs. Secondly, the "parents" are both amateur trained and handled. And lastly, I put a lot of stock in listening.

When it comes right down to finally reaching a decision (on anything) .......it must feel right followed by a "rush" of relief. Doing things that way makes it simple to own the consequences. Don't want to come across as being "preachy", but that's just what I'm use to doing.

edit: Thanks Fishin, I did look at "Morgan" as a solid plus in the pedigree.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Actually, there were three things. First, I was impressed with the performance pedigree which included familiar dogs. Secondly, the "parents" are both amateur trained and handled. And lastly, I put a lot of stock in listening.

When it comes right down to finally reaching a decision (on anything) .......it must feel right followed by a "rush" of relief. Doing things that way makes it simple to own the consequences. Don't want to come across as being "preachy", but that's just what I'm use to doing.

edit: Thanks Fishin, I did look at "Morgan" as a solid plus in the pedigree.
Thanks for the reply, I was curious to what you as an experienced trainer looked for when selecting a puppy for yourself.

·
Registered
7,036 Posts
Good luck with Stevie

·
Registered
423 Posts
Jim:
Glad to hear that you are getting a new pup. It looks like a very nice breeding and I am sure you will do a great job with the new pup. The hardest part for you will probably be waiting for the pup to arrive. Post some pictures when the pup arrives.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Great pedigree and I love the name!
You will have a lot of fun with that pup.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Tried to PM but your box is full. I was trying to point out a fine dog in the breeding. Morgan is QAA and qualified for the master AM a couple of years back. Something you won't see in the pedigree. I don't think Bill ran him due to expenses. My pup out of Morgan is a good marker, learns fast, and is a little sensitive to correction, but that could come from his mom. http://www.blindfaithretrievers.com/ If you would like to check out Morgan.
What is "the master AM"?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a 6 mo old black Male pup who's sire is Willie out of a very nice QAA bitch. LOVE him to death and smart as can be. Loves to retrieve really looking forward to training this guy.
I had that same sense of relief when I picked this litter after a ton of research.

Best of luck with your Stevie!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts